Everyone seems to have their own pet peeves about Twitter and it's nearly impossible to live up to everyone else's standard of twitterville etiquette. I thought it would be interesting to see how you feel about the Twitterverse.
1. I'll be sure to follow your tweets faithfully if you're sharing quotes and content that inspires.
2. I'll follow closer if you help promote other bloggers without an agenda to butter them up to get something in return. Some tweeps are too obvious in their sucking up. I'll actually unfollow suck ups.
3. I add relational bloggers to a list that gets promoted via the Paper Li. I'm picky about who I put on this list. If you find it in my Twitter stream and you happen to be on it, then you score high in my Twitter stream.
4. I will pretty much follow anyone if they ask me to, but if they end up violating my personal boundaries for my Twitterville, I'll unfollow. My time is precious and I don't want to waste my time sifting through time or emotional vampires.
5. If you think you have the corner market on the divine order of the universe, I unfollow. I don't want to get into heated bashing replies from people who think they have the whole world's truth 100% and neatly packed into their tweets as if they are God himself.
6. I enjoy thought provoking articles that are open minded. I love to follow people who are mature and can handle diversity.
7. I'm not a bigot against gender, religions, etc. So please don't expect me to be. I value a person's human rights and freedom. As long as they respect the Constitutional and spiritual freedom of others. Abusive people can abstain from following me. I stand up for the oppressed, so if you're a bully you may want to stay out of my way.
8. I allow others to voice their opinions if they can allow me to voice mine too. Just be respectful about it. Just because someone disagrees with you (or me) doesn't make them "wrong" or "awful" people.
9. I like seeing my friends tweet their latest articles, just don't over do it. Too much self promotion is overkill.
10. Don't spam hashtag streams. If you're not sure what a hashtag stream's intended use is. ask them For ex: "What is the hashtags #savvyblogging for specifically?" Ask if they have a post explaining the do's and don'ts of it.
What are some of your Twitter pet peeves?
What do you LIKE to see in Twitterville?
Link up Get Related to The HomeSpun Life
My Royalty Free Shared Photos