All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Friday, December 7, 2007

Toy Safety

As I thought to post this I wondered if people are tired of hearing all the toys recall info that is announced over and over again and yet I must share this bit of information with you.

My son has a teddy bear that we got from a friend. It's manufacturer isn't the most important thing, because many stuffed animal companies do this same thing.

The teddy bear has two tags on it's behind. One is the tag that indicates what company made it and the other one describes the material it's made of. That label in particular is the part that concerns me. Yesterday I told my son he could take 'teddy' with us while we ran errands in the van. He sat in the back seat and I heard him begin to scream for help. I asked my daughter Jessi to investigate and she screamed as well. She begged me to pull over and I thought they were just being dramatic again. I pulled over to the first place I could and jumped out of the car. I went to the back of the van and opened the trunk and climbed in to see what the commotion was about.

Timmy, being the boy that he is, had stuck his finger inside the tag. It was sewn into the teddy's behind leaving a loop in the tag. Timmy had inserted his finger and had been spinning teddy, playing with his little friend, when it tightened around his finger. It was quickly cutting off all circulation to his finger. I hadn't realized that he had spun it and I couldn't figure out how to get it off. It was wrapped so tightly and the more I tried the worse it got.

Finally I began to twist it and it came unwrapped. His finger had swollen so large and red with blue. sigh* We came home and cut the tag. His finger is better today, but it was a scary experience. Through it all, Timmy and Teddy bonded closer in their relationship and he sits in Timmy's lap all the time now. This traumatic experience drew them closer together in their friendship.

I wanted to share this with my friends here in the blogosphere to ask you to PLEASE cut that tag before giving a stuffed animal or doll to ANY child, no matter what the age.

Be Safe

0 kind words:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP