All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Friday, January 11, 2008

A Day in Our Lives

The Heart of The Matter is having a Friday meme today about 'A Day in the Life' of a homeschooler.

Here is how a typical day goes for us:

5am: Mom wakes up and gets her coffee and Bible and heads to her laptop. I have my Bible reading set up through Christianity.com's Bible Study program which I LOVE!! I then read my favorite devotion sites listed on Apples of Gold Ministries. Many times my siamese cat, Fiona, will jump into my lap as well.

5:30 : My daughter Mj wakes up and joins me for devotions as well.

During the time between 6-7 the other kids trickle out of bed. Jessi is usually up by then having her devotions in her room.

Around 8:30 or so we have breakfast and begin our Flylady routine around the home. It's easier to study and learn when the home is tidy.

Gina begins her packet of work while Mj (AKA Moni) and Jess dive into their daily studies. I spend the majority of our time together working in Math as it's my personal favorite subject. Mj loves Science next so that's always a higlight for her. Right now she is studying the anatomy of a tomato and planning a garden for the summer.

We break for a snack around 10 am and do a few room rescues to freshen up the home. We're typically done by 12 or so. That's when Jessi and Mj take turns on the computer researching all the topics they are interested in at the time. They e-mail me links throughout the day and send me their comments on 'cool sites' they have found.

By 2 pm we're ready for the gym for P.E. and I love using my time there for reading homeschool books while working out on the cardio machines. We are only able to get to the gym about 3 times a week, but I LOVE the extra time for my 'uninterrupted' shower time. ;O)

Dinner is around 5-6pm and we all help with the cooking and kitchen. Yesterday, Gina invented a yummy recipe and Mj will be posting about it on her cooking blog any day now.

After dinner and family time my husband and I retreat to the bedroom to enjoy some of our favorite shows together and some other 'fun' time.

So that's a typical day in the HomeSpunLife!!

5 kind words:

Christina January 11, 2008 at 9:13 AM  

What a great day!!!
I am totally enjoying reading about everyones different school days! THanks for sharing yours.
~Christina

Tina January 11, 2008 at 1:21 PM  

Thanks for sharing your day! I love it when my girls "create" a new recipe.

Blessings~Tina

LisaWA January 11, 2008 at 1:58 PM  

Hello! Im so glad we are sharing... I am desiring to get up earlier to have my own bible study time each morning before everyone else wakes... I think I might check out your link.

Thanks for sharing!

Lisa

Heidi,  January 12, 2008 at 10:10 PM  

Thanks for sharing your day. I have loved reading what everyone does - - lots of ideas to ponder!! :)

Jamie January 13, 2008 at 11:17 AM  

Wow, 5am! As a non morning person, I am impressed. :-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP