All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, January 21, 2008

Home, A Better Place To Live One Chore at a Time

As each week goes by I am always trying to find ways to make our home a better place, one chore at a time. ;O) We do practice the homeschooling FlyLady routine and have customized our Fly Lists according to our home size and the amount of children. We share the home responsibilities and take turns each week rotating who gets to do what.

One thing that really helps us is that once their areas are spic and span, we take a photo and post the photo with their lists on their walls. This not only tells them, by the list, what needs to be done, but the photo shows what it should look like after they're done.

Each of my daughters (who both co-author an online magazine for girls at Growing in Grace) have detailed lists and Jess made hers on Word, complete with checklist boxes, and printed it out. She has her routine posted on her wall. Moni and Gina have theirs in their binder with their school work assignments.

I get great ideas like this and many more from the creative ladies at Heart of the Matter, an online magazine for homeschoolers. Not only do I get a lot of tips about homeschooling, but also on balancing my other wifely duties around our education times. Mandy told me about the House Fairy, which I also found linked to Flylady's site. Talk about inspiration! I just show my kids the pictures there and they are challenged to clean their rooms!

So what tips do you have on training your kids to keep the home organized?


OH! And one more thing while I have your attention. Does anyone here like Pampered Chef? I have the current edition of their Season's Best Recipe collection that I want to give away! So as soon as you post about this giveaway on your blog and come back with a comment with the link to your post, I'll enter you in for the drawing.

5 kind words:

Sprittibee January 25, 2008 at 7:10 AM  

I'm so loving that pink bee. You are so talented!!!! I just love your stuff, Lisa! ;)

My mom is called "sister-ugler" by her neices because they used to call the sisters on Cindarella the "ugly sisters" but they didn't say it right. :) It is so funny. Every time I see your SisLisa, I think of my mom's sister-ugler. :)

LOL

Sisterlisa January 25, 2008 at 9:22 AM  

Thanks Heather! I made that little be from scratch with my Paint Shop Pro program. You know what I find funny? There's a sisterlisa dot com and it's not even me. Shoulda bought it ages ago! lol If it ever comes up for sale I'm snatching it!

thejoyfulchaos January 26, 2008 at 6:17 AM  

ooh, girl! i love this tip!

mine are so young and picture would be an awesome idea. i may have to steal this one!

Sarah January 27, 2008 at 5:27 PM  

Great tips! We struggle with the whole organization thing. I have almost given up on training my family, and I can't do it all myself. I'll have to check out those resources. Thanks for joining the Mothers and Daughters Carnival!

PS I love your header!

MandyMom.com February 4, 2008 at 2:35 PM  

Isn't the House Fairy cool? I'm not sure if I like the whole lying about the Fairy thing, since we don't do Santa Clause for the same reason (they know the true story of who the REAL Santa was.. etc though)... but I do like the principle of it all. I showed them the video and was met with excitement but no clean room.. so I guess it doesn't matter anyway! :)

Fly lady is very cool though, and the routines work very well with the kids.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP