All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Let's Hit The Beach!

I grew up just 15 minutes from the beach and I loved it! However shopping for a bathing suit was another story. I hated trying to find just the right swimsuit. I remember trying on several different suits and when I thought I found the one I wanted. I asked a friend if she thought I looked okay and she said yes. Well, I had to ask again if she was sure adn she informed me that she wouldn't lie since she has to be seen with me. (smart alec) Now that I'm 35 and my kids want me to swim at the gym with them I want to be sure that I don't embarrass them.

Now I want to share with you about something that has been a struggle for me all my life. That struggle is food. Yep, that's right I'm a food connoisseur, but I MUST be careful. I do have a sweet tooth, but that's not the issue. The issue is whether or not to have that second taco or extra cheese on the burrito.

I began my South Beach Journey two years ago and began at a size 24 and shrunk to a size 12. After that I maintained that weight, that is until this last December. Ugh! I gained 14.5 pounds! I can still fit into my clothes and that's a good thing because I tossed out all my 'big' clothes.

Now I'm kick starting my South Beach program and increasing my exercise. My goal is to lose the last of this weight as soon as possible and get into some really great clothes!

You know what has been really helpful? Two things came across my view this last month. One is a devotion that I found out about from Lundie called 'When Eating Becomes a Sin'. The second thing was that last night my Pastor taught about eating right in 2008.

Here are some previous pictures of me:



So you can see that I really want to get into gear here and get my body down to a healthier weight and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

I have tremendous support from my friends at The South Beach Diet Board at iVillage.com and their photos are SUCH an inspiration to me!

If you're looking for a way to eat healthy, have support, and have more energy, then try these links. It's not about 'dieting', but rather educating yourself on what is and isn't healthy for your body.

2 kind words:

Debbie January 5, 2008 at 9:21 AM  

Wow! You're looking good:o). My pictures go the opposite! ha!

Denise January 5, 2008 at 11:58 AM  

What an inspiration you are! Great job. Here is the best link to the homemade laundry soap you asked about: www.thefamilyhomestead.com/laundrysoap/htm

After making my 1st batch, I was hooked. Her website is very informative about the whole process. Have a great weekend!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP