All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Yes, you can eat with your hands.

One of my favorite gifts that I got for Christmas is a brand new fondue pot! We put it together last night and are planning to use it very soon. We found a lot of fun recipes online and hope to make our first fondue this week! It will be made with Velveeta and spinach! We are so excited about it! This is just one of the fun things we hope to do with meals this year. My kids and I love having breakfast for dinner too, although my husband prefers a good hearty meal, we'll wait to have breakfast for dinner when he works late. ;O) We also love making hotdog roll ups. These are the nights when they're allowed to eat with their hands.

1-2 cans of Pillsbury crescent rolls
slices of American cheese, sliced in half.
hotdogs (we prefer beef, Jess prefers meatless)

Open and separate each triangle of dough.
Place one hotdog at the wide end of the dough.
Slice hotdog length-wise, but not all the way through.
Lay in thin slices of cheese.
Carefully roll dog up in the roll and place on cooking sheet
Bake according to package directions.
Let cool slightly before allowing kids to eat.

A friend of mine does this with little smokies. She cuts the triangles smaller length-wise to 'fit' the smaller dog. ;O)

What fun things do you do for meals with your children?

0 kind words:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP