All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My Attempt at Cutting Back

In my efforts to cut back fat and unhealthy calories( not all calories, because calories are good for you when you choose the right ones) I have been able to invent my own fat free sugar free latte here at home. Here is my most valuable recipe:

8oz. coffee
3 Tbsp fat free 1/2 and 1/2
2 small dashes of Pampered Chef Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend
1/2 Tbps pure vanilla
1 Tbsp Splenda
1 small dollop of Fat Free Cool Whip
I microwave my 1/2 and 1/2 before adding to my coffee so it doesn't cool off too fast.

Not exactly the same as the Tall Skinny Cinnamon Dulce Latte ay Starbuck's, but certainly less expensive. ;O)

Works for me!

(This post is a part of Shannon's Works for me Wednesday at Rocksinmydryer.

4 kind words:

Sweetpeas February 20, 2008 at 7:50 PM  

Just for the record, unless they've changed their recipe in the last couple years, fat free half & half has sugar in it. A few years back dh & I were doing the South Beach Diet & I got some fat free half & half, dh (who doesn't like anything sweet) took one taste & said "that's too sweet!" sure enough, when I read the ingredients, it has sugar in it. So, you might want to check that & evaluate which you'd rather avoid, the fat or the sugar.

Heart of Wisdom February 20, 2008 at 9:39 PM  

Sounds great.
Thanks.
8oz. coffee
3 Tbsp fat free 1/2 and 1/2
2 small dashes of Pampered Chef Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend
1/2 Tbps pure vanilla
1 Tbsp Splenda
1 small dollop of Fat Free Cool Whip
I microwave my 1/2 and 1/2 before adding to my coffee so it doesn't cool off too fast.

Not exactly the same as the Tall Skinny Cinnamon Dulce Latte ay Starbuck's, but certainly less expensive. ;O)

Works for me!

Dana February 22, 2008 at 7:32 AM  

Don't remind me...we've been trying to cut back recently, too. So what do I do? Drink 32 oz of coke at WalMart just before coming home to bed. Great idea. No sleep last night and I don't want to think about calories right now.

Jacque February 23, 2008 at 11:28 PM  

I would love to try this!!
I am going to substitute honey for the Splenda, though. I was on a low-carb diet a few years back, and did research on it, and I did not like what I found.

We do our own occasionally with cooled, very strong coffee, but it is not the same!!

Thanks! :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP