All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Cornbread


Tonight I made homemade chili and prepared and baked cornbread from Krusteaz, but I had run out of milk. All I had from the dairy case was Fat Free Half and Half. So in went a cup of that and I am SO glad that I was out of milk! (And yes I make bread from a box, you don't want my hand made bread!) So this is the same mix I buy every time we want cornbread, but I'll tell ya what! Using that FF 1/2 and 1/2 was the best substitute I ever used in a mix. Boy was it ever moist and flavorful! We didn't even add honey or butter! To top that off, my family that usually LOVES my chili, wanted ONLY the cornbread for dinner. :P



2 kind words:

MamaArcher March 13, 2008 at 6:11 AM  

sounds so good, I bet that half and half made it very rich! I just may need to try that.

something a bit funny, we had chili and cornbread the other night too.

Brandy March 13, 2008 at 2:20 PM  

Haha!! I thought I was the only one who preferred half n half with my cornbread mix! It makes it sooo yummy and fluffy. Personally, if it wouldn't kill me, I'd drink the stuff. ;-)

My kids could LIVE on cornbread. They absolutely love it! My grandpa use to eat cornbread for breakfast...break it up in a bowl and pour milk over it, like cereal. haha!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP