All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Interest Led


The other day I was working on some articles at my computer and I heard beautiful piano music playing. I thought that maybe the girls had set their new keyboard to demo mode until I heard a note off key. Everynow and then it would happen again, but not too often. I figured Jess must be playing, then I saw Jess in the living room. My eyes wide, I asked, "Who is playing the piano?" I was astonished when Jess told me that it was Moni! Moni has never taken a formal piano lesson in her life!

I asked Jess about Moni's capabilities with the piano and she said,
"oh yes mom, she does quite well." *GASP* I quietly tip toed over to the door to sneak a peek through the crck and lo and behold it WAS Moni and she WAS playing the piano! I was so proud! My heart welled up with joy and tears came into my eyes. As she completed her peice I opened the door and applauded her performance. That night I was sure to have her daddy listen in and he even his eyes were full of tears of joy.

Who woulda thought that bringing my children home where they belong would enhance her desire to play the piano? What a joy! As they complete their main subjects we then allow them to pursue their interests for as long as they so desire. What we're finding is that they are desiring to spend a few hours an evening practicing the piano and they're also practicing singing together.


We're now going to plan a recital for them! Even Gina has expressed an interest and she is taking 'lessons' from Jess on her own little keyboard.



2 kind words:

Miss Amanda March 5, 2008 at 2:16 PM  

I am so happy for you all! Your homeschooling adventure is going to be amazing. I can't wait to see where the girls go with learning at home!
I am so excited that you all have a heart for each other and that you have a heart for wanting what Christ wants you all to be!
YAY! for you all!
Love,
Miss Amanda
http://superangelsblog.com

A Pondering Heart March 6, 2008 at 12:25 PM  

I've always wanted to play the piano or the clarinet, but we've never been able to get lessons. Mom knows how to play both some but not enough to teach me to play well! lol

Good for MJ. :)

Love
MJ

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP