All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Sunday, March 16, 2008

It Was Time To Go!

Saturday afternoon, my son had t-ball practice scheduled with his team mates. It was sunny, however we could see dark storm clouds not too far from home. There was an eerie stillness in the air and the heat of the sun beat down upon our faces. Before we arrived at the field I had discussed with my husband the possibility of a funnel cloud in those same clouds, yet the sunshine led my husband to believe we would fine.

We were at the field for about 5 minutes, the boys were practicing their drills while I was visiting with the parents. We were talking about those clouds and how ominous they looked hovering over the foothills. You could see where the clouds were releasing their fury in the distance, yet we were still in the glory of the sunshine.

One of the dads mentioned that IF it was going to rain on us, we would most likely have little time to get all those boys, their equipment, and all their siblings into the cars without getting drenched!

Within seconds of this conversation a strong wind whipped into us causing several children to begin crying frantically! My husband, the avid sportsman that he is continued to practice with the children, yet you could see their thoughts in their eyes. "How much longer will Coach Scott make us practice in this weather before sending us home?"

I called out to my husband and told him to turn around and look at the sky, and right as he turned another fierce gust of wind ripped into us as my husband shouted, "Time to go home!" Without hesitation, the children all ran as quickly as possible to his side as he gave them a few words of encouragement and praise for their unity to their team mates in enduring those 5, but seemingly longer, moments.

The parents were so kind about allowing their children to continue practicing although the coaches wife was doing all she could to convince her husband that it was time to go home. We have such a great team and their families are just awesome! We sent the children home with plans to resume practice on Tuesday. My husband then had to cancel his own ball game that was to take place just after t-ball.

We rushed home to check the weather channel when we saw dark green and orange on the doppler. We looked out our windows and had just a few seconds of intermittent drops and rushing winds. Those creepy clouds never did bless us with the much needed rain, but it made for a great science lesson for my children.





3 kind words:

blue67ccm March 16, 2008 at 7:34 PM  

From your discussion at FiddleDeeDee.net-----when I would tell my best friend, "Rick Springfield is on TV today", she immediately became a puddle, much like Frosty the Snowman in the greenhouse. :)

Kysha March 17, 2008 at 10:44 PM  

LOL! That's a hs mom for ya. We can make a lesson from anything. :-)

Sisterlisa March 18, 2008 at 7:20 AM  

We sure can make a lesson out of anything. :O)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP