All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Biology in Church

Last night our church had 'Youth Night' where the teens ages 12 and up ran the service, with the guidance of our Pastor and Youth Pastor. The teens sang in the choir, a teen played the piano, a few teen girls sang beautiful special music (a quartet), the young teen boys took the offering and 4 teen gentlemen preached the Word of God!

It was awesome to see teens serving the Lord and they were all great young preacher boys, but one really stuck out to me. This young gentleman is a Senior in high school and he used his Biology lesson as the illustration of his lesson. He spoke about the animals that shed their skin and how sensitive that new skin is. Then explained how a new born Christian is much the same way and pretty much defenseless if they don't get their armour on. (Ephesians 6)

His biology teacher was grinning ear to ear, as they had just learned that in his Christian school earlier this month. Kinda reminded me of how my daughter and I heard the Lord speak to us while we were gardening the other day. The teacher really is an awesome teacher, but I'm so thankful that I'm the one beaming with joy when my daughter understands a concept from God's Word through her education.





The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

1 kind words:

Jacque April 25, 2008 at 11:09 PM  

Amen to that! I agree.
And I can testify that gardening is one of the very best classes to teach the Word from!
: ))
Jacque

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP