All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Family Time

This last week was spent doing a lot of things, yet in the midst of it all, we had illness, and injuries. My husband started off with just allergies, but it progressed into a sinus infection, ear infection, and chest congestion and you don't even want to know the rest. (TMI)

The children and I spent a lot of time in the garden, and it was much needed. The weeds had taken over during the winter months and it was hard labor getting them out! Those awful things were deep rooted! If you know us at all you'll know that we came up with some really good devotions based on the gardening we did this week. Jess and I both were given some good illustrations from the Holy Spirit while we worked side by side on our knees, hunched over the flower beds. So keep an eye out on our blogs for these. (coming soon to 'From the Pages of My Heart' and 'Apples of Gold') It's just so cool to be gardening and teaching science to my children, then to have God show my children a spiritual truth from it. Now that's teaching!

Tuesday is going to be a very special day for me as it will be my 36th birthday! Granny is coming on Saturday to see Timmy play Tball then we'll be going to lunch! We always enjoy having Granny come for a visit. She's in her 70's and still drives almost 2 hours to see us every month! Quite an active lady.

On top of all this, we have our trip to prepare for. We'll be leaving May4th and will be gone for two weeks. We'll be taking our laptop and will have internet access so we'll be staying in touch for sure! In the midst of all this our 4th edition of GGM will be published on the 1st. So we have a lot of work to do. I pray your weekend has been a splendid one and be sure to swing over to GGM's entry today, In Good Faith.

And don't forget that their Mother's Day contest has a deadline so be sure to sign up now!




The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

2 kind words:

Miss Jocelyn April 21, 2008 at 3:43 PM  

Hello there. I think that is absolutely wonderful! That is what it is to fulfill the Duet. chapter about walking and talking with him. I can't wait to see what you and Jess post. :)

Thanks for your get-well comment. :) I am doing much better.

I hope you all have a fantastic job on your trip!

Love
MJ

Elizabeth April 22, 2008 at 6:59 AM  

Happy, happy birthday to you!

I hope your husband feels better soon. I'm never sure which is worse: sick children or sick husbands. My husband is pretty tough with being sick, but still husbands are so pitiful when sick.

It always brings a smile to my face to see/hear of Granny's (and great-Granny's) who still go like they're in their 20's!

I'll be praying that the Lord keep you safe through your trip.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP