All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Homestead Carnival, Quite the Variety!

Each time I participate in the Homesteading Carnival I learn something new! That's what I love about these carnivals! No need to get a queasy stomach in these carnivals, there's no rides that turn you upside down at all.

I began with visiting Jacque at her new home, the DixonHomestead. She shared many different happenings with us this week, from her recollection of the unfortunate situation in Waco several years back to the Columbine shooting. They're planning a trip and offering eggs to anyone who'd like to goat sit. ;O) Life has been busy for Jacque, but she was able to find time to build her new blog and you really must stop by and take a peek. You won't want to miss the recap on her April month.

Just the other day I shared my homesteading article for this carnival. I enjoyed sharing about how I seasoned my cast iron skillet as well as bragged about the wonderful new cookbook I received from a friend.

I'd like to take you to visit Stephanie, at the 100 acre wood, this week. Stephanie wants to share with us what happened in her mini van with four kids and two goats!

After you finish taking a ride with Stephanie's family, swing on by and see Your InnKeeper as she tells her story of being the hunted or the hunter. Are you the hunted?

While you are thinking about where you stand in the food chain, come and see this sweet little story that Suzanne shares about her adventure with her chicken eggs. Your heart will get caught up in your throat then you'll be relieved with Joy! Find out if life prevails at Chickens in the Road.


Dora has been creative lately as she added a new video to her collection of How To's. This week she shows us exactly how she makes a pom pom on her You Tube video.

Next, we'll see Amy and she shares her tips on using her autumn leaves to help her lawn.

In addition to that you can learn how to grow a plant beginning with seeds! I just love gardening so these tips are great for me! Thank you Kathi, from Oak Hill Homestead, for sharing these steps for us!

Sheri is a girl after my own heart! Do you know why? Because she lets me know that I am NOT alone under the laundry pile and there ALWAYS seems to be SOMETHING that comes up that causes us to have a larger pile than necessary. Not only that but her blog title has my favorite color. ;O) (Shades of Pink)

Speaking of pink, that reminds me of a little tush that needs a soft covering. Autumn shares with us about her new cloth diapers that needs NO PINS!

I tried cloth diapers for a short time while one of my children needed diapers as a little girl, yet that didn't last long for me. Although had I discovered this, it may have been easier for me to attempt. However, although I was a good trooper in trying cloth diapers, another sort of cloth fabric has proved to be helpful for Belle as she introduces her new prints. I'll have to admit that at first glance, I thought, there's no way this is what I think it is, yet it IS what I think it is and I have never heard of such a thing! Although I'm sure women in years passed must have done something like this. I wish Belle the best in her venture in assisting women in having such beautiful pads. They're certainly more colorful than the ones I get. Belle also is sharing how her experiment with her natural shampoo is doing.

I hope you have enjoyed this homesteading carnival. Be sure to check out the schedule for future homestead hostesses.



The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

3 kind words:

Miss Jocelyn April 28, 2008 at 6:31 PM  

Very excellent carnival! Thanks for hosting. I hope you had fun putting it together and I hope you get lots of visitors... even if they don't comment. :P

Grandma Rosie April 28, 2008 at 10:22 PM  

Grat carnival. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Kim W April 29, 2008 at 12:37 PM  

What a great collection you've offered! Thanks for all your hard work.

I'm especially glad to see you have included "Chickens in the Road." I was led to that site several months ago and have read it everyday since!

Again...great job!

Blessings from Ohio, Kim Wolf<><
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/wannabeone

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP