All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Friday, April 11, 2008

Inquiring Minds Want to Know

So tonight my husband takes us out to dinner and while Timmy takes a drink of his milk, he pauses and then asks, "How does the grass turn into milk in the cow's tummy?"
(more in the comment box)





The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

9 kind words:

Dawn April 11, 2008 at 9:24 PM  

Was that a "duh" mommy moment, or could you toss out an answer in 50 words or less?

Sisterlisa April 11, 2008 at 9:37 PM  

Dawn,

It was SO comical! We took him very seriously and politely requested that the restaurant's head chef come out to answer him. (We know the chef) so Timmy says to himm, "Uncle Jeff, how does the grass turn into milk in the cow's tummy?" LOL Of course we all think he's just so clever to ask that and he's only 5 years old. But I'm trying to think of how exactly to explain it to him because when we explained it to Gina when she was his age she made an icky face and said, "Ewwww the milk comes from the potty? (as she points to the udder) then adamantly announces that she doesn't want to drink milk anymore.
LOL We had to seriously explain it to her and she ended up grossed out by it. LOL

When Timmy saw me change a friend's baby's diaper, he recognized that the poop resembled something. The next day we had mexican food and he REFUSED to eat refried beans for MONTHS after that.

snort*

Ya know what's even funnier? Gina said SHE knew the answer and said, "The grass is what cows eat then the milk comes from a machine."

Bunny Trails April 11, 2008 at 9:42 PM  

That is SO funny!! While I love that my boys are older, I do miss those types of conversations! LOL!!

Sprittibee April 12, 2008 at 5:35 AM  

That reminds me of when I explained what beef was to Kaden. He was all of about 2.5 or 3. He stared at the brisket with big eyes and rode in the front of the cart up to check-out with me. When she scanned it, he said to the teen at the register... "that's a bloody hunk of dead cow".

I have never been the same. LOL

We eat brisket about once or twice a year now.

Elizabeth April 12, 2008 at 7:11 AM  

Don't you just love children? My oldest son, who is 5 also, asked a similar question once...except it was about me while I was nursing. What do you say, ya know? I just told him that God does amazing things to help mommys take care of their babies. It was a great answer considering that I have NO IDEA how it happens! LOL

ROFL at sprittibee! bloody hunk of dead cow...

De'Etta April 12, 2008 at 8:11 AM  

Lisa, this is CLASSIC....how did Cheff Jeff explain?

Sisterlisa April 12, 2008 at 10:52 AM  

De'Etta, Chef Jeff said he would let me decide how to answer it.

A Pondering Heart April 14, 2008 at 10:40 PM  

Haha, thanks for sharing. Too cute!
And thank you for your comment. Most encouraging!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP