All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Praise and Worship: Holding Hands

From the Heart of Worship
This song I am sharing today is one that my daughters and I have enjoyed singing together over the years.

Jesus Hold My Hand
Verse One:

As I travel.....through this pilgrim land......
There is a friend....who walks with me.....
Leads me safely through the sinking sand..........
It is the Christ of Calvary......

This would be my prayer dear Lord each day.....
To help me do the best I can........
For I need Thy light to guide me day and night....
Blessed Jesus...hold my hand.....

The Chorus:

Jesus....hold my hand......
I need thee every hour.....
Through this pilgrim land.....
Protect me by thy saving power....

Hear my feeble plea........
O Lord....look down on me.....
When I kneel in prayer....I hope to meet you there.....
Blessed Jesus hold my hand........

Verse Two:

Let me travel...in the light divine............
That I may see the blessed way........
Keep me that I may be wholly Thine................
And sing redemption's song some day......

I will be a soldier brave and true.........
And ever firmly take a stand.......
As I onward go....and daily meet the foe.........
Blessed Jesus...hold my hand.....

Verse Three:

When I wander...through the valley dim......
Toward the setting of the sun........
Lead me safely to a land of rest..........
If I a crown of life have won....

I have put my faith in Thee dear Lord.......
That I may reach the golden strand.....
There's no other friend on whom I can depend......
Blessed Jesus...hold my hand.....

The Chorus:

Jesus....hold my hand......
I need thee every hour.....
Through this pilgrim land.....
Protect me by thy saving power....

Hear my feeble plea........
O Lord....look down on me.....
When I kneel in prayer....I hope to meet you there.....
Blessed Jesus hold my hand........

Tag

There's no other friend....on whom I can depend.....
Blessed Jesus....hold my hand

We hold hands with our children to guide them and protect them because we love them. They want to hold our hands because they love us and feel a bond with us. Are you holding Jesus' hand today? A relationship is a two way street. How are your travels today??
Photos courtesy of sxc.hu

For more Praise and Worship go to GGM's Blog.




The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

2 kind words:

Jacque May 3, 2008 at 11:30 AM  

I love this song. I haven't heard it in awhile; thanks for sharing it! Wish I could be there to hear you and the girls sing it.
I love singing hymns and worship with our children. God just spoke to me the other day about holding our children's hands and how by holding their hands, we are keeping them close, holding their hearts.
AMEN!!
Thank you for joining me!
I did reply to your comment on my post. :)
((HUGS))

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP