All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Voting Day: Someone's Gotta Go, Who's Next?

What kind of teacher would make a 5 year old child with Asperger's Syndrome stand up in front of the class and allow the students to take turns telling this little guy what they don't like about him and then hold a vote to see if they really want him in class or not? Well that exact teacher did just that to this adorable little guy. My dear friend Jacque wrote an article about this and my heart sank! Just as her title says, "Voted Off The Kindergarten Island" I just have to say that this certainly does sound like the TV shows 'Survivor' and even Discovery Kid's own 'Endurance'.

Is this what we have to look forward to in the future? Will our sons grow up to work for a corporation that will allow their fellow co-workers to call the shots?
I heard about the episode of Survivor where the women manipulated the man into giving up his only source of protection as they plotted against him.

Those are just television shows people! Not a teaching video to instruct you on how to treat children! Just imagine what would happen if that teacher did this to a child of color?!? Please swing over to Barbara's blog, MommyLife, to see the interview she had with Alex's mother. And please do send him a card to let him know that he IS special!





The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

5 kind words:

Christina May 28, 2008 at 7:23 AM  

WoW! I have to say that this is one of the most horrible things that I have heard about happening in a school! Poor kid! God knew exactly what He was doing in the making of this kiddo...

Thanks for the 'head's up'!

Martha May 28, 2008 at 12:18 PM  

That is so sad! The world nowadays, I can't help but shake my head every single day... it's just getting out of hand!

De'Etta @ Choosing Joy May 29, 2008 at 3:29 AM  

This is so unbelievable. I can't imagine being 5 years old and having this sort of thing happen to me.

bricyn10@yahoo.com,  May 29, 2008 at 8:27 AM  

I saw your comment on Barbara's blog, and just wanted to thank you for it. I homeschool my dd-7 who has asperger's syndrome, and it has been wonderful for her. She has blossomed at home, and is a completely different child than the nervous, scared little girl I pulled out of the public school's special ed dept. We too, will forever homeschool!
Cynthia

Miss Jocelyn May 29, 2008 at 9:39 AM  

that is just so utterly heartbreaking and awful. Nasty old teacher - she needs to be voted off the planet! Poor kid. :(

I'm having a giveaway! Come check it out!

Blessings!
MJ

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP