All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, June 30, 2008

Homeschooling Interview

Thanks to the Homeschool toolbar I came across this interview with Laura Ingraham. I have never heard of her before so if she offends you I'm sorry. However this woman goes toe to toe with a man who claims that homeschooling your children is like smoking in the car with them. She pulls no punches with this guy! Kudos to you Laura and thank you!

Every time this guy opens his mouth he just makes himself look uneducated himself. You really should see this one! You Tube closed the comment section on their site for this video, so let's talk here.

What do you think of his comments correlating homeschooling being like a child being held in a car with a smoking parent? (He says homeschooling is child abuse)

He said that "If" the parents have an unfettered right to educate their children... Your thoughts?

He asks, "What if the child wants to learn Japanese?"

He says that 7th and 8th grade curriculum is too complex for us to teach. Ok so if our 7th graders can learn it at 13 years old, then what makes him think that a 30-something parent can't teach it? We did after all pass those classes ourselves. Does he think that a parent will not find a way to educate their children? How stupid does he think we are? His comments show how stupid he thinks we are!

He really shows how ignorant he is to the homeschooling community. Has he not ever heard of a Co-op? Community colleges accepting homeschooled students at the age of 14? Some private schools allow homeschooled students to enroll for foreign languages!

He says, "If they're so smart to teach their own kids than they should be able to get a good paying job so they can afford private education."

Who is this man's mother?!?




The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

7 kind words:

Miss Jocelyn June 30, 2008 at 10:59 AM  

I'll have to check that out. Looks interesting!

Steph June 30, 2008 at 11:51 AM  

*sheesh* That guy is an idiot. Glad to know that we homeschooling mothers are too stupid to be able to take on 7th grade science. I can't believe how stupid some people can be.

Mother Hen June 30, 2008 at 12:27 PM  

Well, that was different. I don't know if I've ever seen the newsie stick up for the homeschool community, vehemently or otherwise. Thanks.

Marcy Muser July 1, 2008 at 7:41 AM  

"What if the child wants to learn Japanese?"

Is he really serious? If my 7th-grader wants to learn Japanese, I buy a Rosetta Stone program and let her learn it. In case this guy hasn't noticed, there are few, if any, middle schools in the United States that offer Japanese!

My kids are enrolled in a local school district's homeschool enrichment program. When my daughter showed an interest recently in learning German, I asked whether that class was offered. Guess what? In this large school district just outside Denver, I was told, they offer only Spanish, French, and Chinese. This is for the entire school district in all of their high schools!

So "what if the child wants to learn Japanese?" Guess what! My child has a far better chance of learning Japanese in our homeschool than at a public school, at least in this school district! Little did this guy know his argument against homeschooling was actually an argument in its favor!

Kim W July 2, 2008 at 9:02 AM  

As Bugs Bunney would say..."What a maroon!"

Yep...it's pretty sad that he thinks a grown up who has already gone through school - gov't school, at that - can't teach 13/14 year olds! When our dd's were little I had a lady come up to us in a McD's ask them (notice how they ALWAYS ask the KIDS and not the parents?), "How come you're not in school?" When I told her that we homeschool and we're out for a treat she said, "Hmm. I always thought one should be smarter than the children to teach them" and walked away! Pardon me, but I DO believe that I am smarter than a grade schooler - 5th grade or otherwise! lol :-)

Thanks for the entry.

Blessings from Ohio, Kim Wolf<><

Christina July 15, 2008 at 7:27 AM  

I just saw this video and was actually going to post it in a few days! WOW!!!

Wendy July 16, 2008 at 8:18 AM  

I remember that interview, and I tell ya, she ROCKS!! I just love her. She holds no punches to defending liberty as an American. She fills in for Bill O'reilly on Foxnews weekly almost, she has a segment on his show called "The Ingraham Angle" and she has a three hour talk show on conservative talk radio, most can hear her on AM radio, and I listen to her on XM radio on channel 166 from 12-3. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Laura. I would LOVE to get her book "Power to the People", I bet it's a fantastic read.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP