All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Reflections on Family

This last week sure has been a whirlwind of chaos! Wednesday, a fire swept through our county and is STILL burning, but praise God it's 85% contained, FINALLY! Our dear friends had to evacuate on Thursday, and when we went back Friday to check on their home, we saw nothing but utter destruction! Black charred hills for as far as we could see. This fire has been noted as being the worst in our county, EVER! These sweet friends, whom we adore so much has lost everything. (Our friendship has blossomed so much over this last year and as it turns out, we might even be related! We got to talking and her family lineage gas connection on my mother's side.) Cool huh? :O) So we spent the day with them today and cherished the time we had together. There is certainly more to life than the physical items we posses.

Charlene wrote a wonderful devotion to encourage those who lost their homes at AGMinistries. It's during times like this that we stop and reflect upon what really is important. When was the last time you paused for reflection?





The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

2 kind words:

Anonymous,  June 16, 2008 at 2:20 PM  

Praying for you and your safety. Are you near Paradise? I have close friends up there, too. It seems like the fire danger is moving farther away from that area. Let me know how you are....

I am off to my kids promotion night with their homeschool group. I wanted to stop by and say hello. I'll come back again when I have time to catch up on things.

Valerie
http://homeschoolblogger.com/socalval

Sisterlisa June 17, 2008 at 7:01 AM  

Thank you Val. The fire is now 100% contained. I am 20 minutes west of where the fire was, which really is a good distance. The air quality was harsh on Sat. and we had to cancel Timmy's last Tball game due to the air quality. We praise God for the insurance, their house is worth more now than it was before the fire. :O) People don't generally think that God's plan for a blessing involves burning your house down to ashes, but in this case it is. They'll now get to build their dream home. You can email me privately and I can check on your friends if you'd like.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP