All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Memoirs Meme

Homeschool Memoirs!

HSBA is hosting their FIRST Homeschool Memoir for moms! Come on over and meet all the other mothers involved in this very unique meme! Today they're asking about YOU, the author behind the homeschooling kiddos.

So here I am, Sisterlisa, the mom! I have four homeschooling children, Jessica, Monica, Gina, and Timmy. I enjoy blogging and reading, I absolutely love homeschooling! I am married to a ministry husband and serve as the Program Director of The Sarah Home. I am privileged to teach the Bible, and Christian living to some amazing women who WANT to have their lives changed. I love the color pink and semi-sweet chocolate, yes Nestle's Chocolate Chips are the best in my opinion.

I am on the team at the HSBA and I own Growing in Grace Magazine. I enjoy working with the Dixon family on this publication and am thankful to have them on the GGM team. I also enjoy writing at AGMinistries, my devotion site for women. When I was in school, (Yes, I grew up in that public school system) I very much disliked English, grammar, and writing. However, now I love writing. I'll admit I'm not a pro when it comes to sentence structure, but now I'm studying English right along with my kids. My favorite subjects are, Science, Math, and Geography!

I wake up early so I have time to blog and stay up late to IM with The Dixon family.(As often as I can!) My kids have never been in the government school system, but rather private schooled for many years. When we felt led by the Lord to pursue homeschooling, not only did we fall in love, but became convicted that it's a Biblical mandate. Our children will not go back to 'school' again. I highly recommend Robin Sampson's book 'The Heart of Wisdom' and use your local library OFTEN!




The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

14 kind words:

Christa,  August 21, 2008 at 7:54 AM  

Thank you for visiting my blog. I visit yours quite a bit and love reading what you have to say.

Christa

SuzyScribbles August 21, 2008 at 9:26 AM  

I'm very happy you guys put together this new meme for the school year. I've had trouble being consistent blogging, what with life and the new baby and...well..did I mention life? I snapped this opportunity up to bring some consistency to my blogging times--Wednesdays and Fridays (HSB Show and Tell with CANADAGIRL). This just might free up more time to join in my favorite discussion group on the Lounge--writing homeschool moms.

Query: I see you have an HSB blog and this one. What is the advantage to having a blog here rather than on HSB? I have my Blogger blog just as way to make it easy to comment around the Net.

Miss Rachel August 21, 2008 at 10:03 AM  

Hello there!
Thank you for coming by and commenting on my post about the Bible Challenge. I just wanted to let you know it was up in case you wanted to join us. :)


Love,
Rachel
http://dixonhomestead.com/rachel
Matthew 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Miss Rachel August 21, 2008 at 10:32 AM  

hey I just thought of this - maybe you could post about the Challenge on GGM! That would get it going again!


Love,
Rachel
A City On A Hill
http://dixonhomestead.com/rachel
Matthew 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Kelly August 21, 2008 at 12:00 PM  

Yay, I love pink, too! I sure enjoyed reading about you and I will have to check out your magazine.

Thanks so much for stopping by my bloggy home.

Angela August 22, 2008 at 1:16 AM  

Wow you have a lot of great things going on!! It was nice to get to know you a bit. :)

Sherry August 22, 2008 at 1:46 PM  

Thank you for putting together this meme. I am a new homeschooler and I think through this that I will be able to glean some great info and make some new friends. :D

Have a great year!
Sherry

Mary Elizabeth August 22, 2008 at 6:42 PM  

It was nice getting to know you. :)

Oh and my cats wouldn't know what to do with a mouse when they saw one! LOL!


Mary Beth

Anonymous,  August 22, 2008 at 9:29 PM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog. This meme has provided just the motivation to write that I have needed. Thank you.
Many Blessings,
Holly@aiminghigh
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/aiminghigh

Dana August 24, 2008 at 5:37 PM  

I've seen your name floating around and I recently discovered your online magazine for girls. I was so excited to find this. I have three girls left at home who could benefit from your mag! I look forward to getting to know you over the year.

Here's my link: www.cherry-soup.blogspot.com

SuperAngel August 25, 2008 at 3:48 PM  

So fun! I pretty much knew all about this, but it was fun to read! We enjoy working you all too! :)

You are so sweet! I am so glad you brought the children home and started your ministries. I am so blessed to know you! :)
HUGS!
Miss Amanda
http://superangelsblog.com

Jessie August 26, 2008 at 3:16 PM  

Your blog is simply lovely and peaceful. It was a joy to drop by and visit today.

Thankfulheart August 26, 2008 at 7:25 PM  

Love your blog Sister Lisa! I do hope to visit again soon. Don't you just LOVE Heart of Wisdom?!?
Blessings,
Theresa
http://seekingdiligence.blogspot.com/

Sprittibee September 15, 2008 at 8:59 AM  

Cute, cute signature. :) You are so talented. :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP