All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Primary Subject

If you haven't read The Heart of Wisdom, then you are truly missing out. The other night I was reading through Robin's book and on page 187 she gives an illustration about three horses. After she explains the story she goes on to describe the body of Christ. Each member has a different purpose and they can't all be the hands. I would like to continue with her thought on that. We each have a different part of the 'body' and if we were all the hands we wouldn't be able to go anywhere without any feet.

In the traditional government school the students are taught the same subjects, yet if they are not strong in all areas they are considered a failure. Students are held back, held after school for detention, and refused certain privileges if one subject isn't their forte. God explains to us that we are all one body, but not all have the same gifts. As with the three horses Robin describes, if the horse is not allowed to practice and train for his purpose, he will be weak and not able to fully succeed.

I love how Robin described that. I worked in the church nursery for several years. While I was in that position, there would have been no way I could successfully worked in the bus ministry, sing in the choir, and teach a Sunday School class. I would have been spread too thin and not able to reach my potential in all areas. Keeping the nursery my main focus for many years helped me to have the skills necessary to become a better mother. That time in my life has now passed in the ministry and now I am in women's ministry at The Sarah Home and I sign for the deaf in church. What kind of woman would I be if I did more than that? A frazzled, tired, and stressed our moody momma!

It's not that I don't think a child learning a variety of things is an unwise thing, as we should be well rounded. The Virtuous Woman was described as being able to do many things, yet her number one calling was to her husband and her children.

Proverbs 31:28, "Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her."


This verse doesn't say that her employer and co-workers will praise her. It says her HUSBAND and her CHILDREN.

She was indeed a multi-faceted woman. She could sew, shop wisely, reach out to the needy, and speak kindness to those she came in contact with. She looked well to the ways of her household. This was the area that the king's mother told him was important. What better way for a young girl to learn how to be that kind of woman, then to learn it from her mother? What other woman is going to invest her life into a young girl, to teach and train her to be a godly woman. It shouldn't be the school teacher, it should be the mother. I believe this should be the primary subject in a girl's education, to learn to be a wife and mother. A wife will know how to shop wisely, cook, and serve her husband well. A good mother will know how to educate her children and raise them to love and serve the Lord. Who teaches that kind of curriculum anyway? ;O)





The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

0 kind words:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP