All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, August 25, 2008

Simple Woman 8/25

For Today the Simple Woman is sharing her Monday Meme, Daybook, along with many more ladies who are also sharing.

Outside my Window...are some yellow roses just budding since the smoke from the fires has finally subsided. Nothing was growing when we had the smoke here in Northern California.

I am thinking...about our first day of homeschool coming soon and about my second education article in my 3 part series, "3 Degrees of Education"

From the learning rooms...are the new Math U See books we got last week.

I am thankful for...my husband coming home from a conference safely at just after 1 this morning.

From the kitchen...I have large pans to scrub.

I am wearing...white tank top, denim skirt and sandals. My sunglasses are still on my head from my morning drive to get coffee.

I am reading...Love as A Way of Life, Proverbs 25, and 3 chapters a day in Lady Rachel's Bible Reading Challenge.

I am hoping...this week will be more calm than last week was.

I am creating...September's layout for Growing in Grace Magazine.

I am hearing...a preaching DVD from youth camp.

Around the house...the laundry is being done.

One of my favorite things..snuggling with Timmy, reading to Gina at bedtime, sitting up late at night with Jess so we can talk, and watching Moni cook.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...to accept a new woman into The Sarah Home.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
A gift from my daughter, Moni, who is studying photography in homeschool for the second year in a row.

Be sure to come by and meet many more women who are participating with us.



The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator


10 kind words:

Dawn @ My Home Sweet Home August 25, 2008 at 12:50 PM  

We're doing photography in Keepers at Home for the second year in a row. It was very popular with all of the girls last year.

I never thought about things not blooming after the fires. Glad things are getting pretty and back to normal there!

akhmmm August 25, 2008 at 1:01 PM  

Thanks for stopping by and commenting at my blog. =)

It looks like you have a full week coming. I really should check out this "Growing in Grace" that I've been reading about at several blogs lately.

Hope you get those filters for coffee.

Elaine

Domestically Inclined August 25, 2008 at 1:10 PM  

Your week sounds lovely, and thank you for the well wishes.

Sisterlisa August 25, 2008 at 1:30 PM  

Dawn, tell me about this Keepers At Home...

and it was while the smoke was filling our sky for over a month. No sunlight, no growth.

Rachel August 25, 2008 at 1:50 PM  

Hello there Mrs. B -
I am not sure what you mean by When do you get to have your own farm pet? I am not sure what you mean! :)

I can see you added some stuff to the list of things to write about your day. Neat! Hmm... I can smell the yellow roses budding outside your window!
Thank you for linking me! I am glad you are doing the Challenge with me!
I can't wait to see September's layout! August was so cute! I loved the lemons!
Very beautiful picture! I love flowers!

Have a wonderful and blessed day, Mrs. B!
Love,
Rachel

MrsD/Jacque August 25, 2008 at 2:41 PM  

Loved reading this! Gearing up for another last week of the month!

I am so glad the smoke is finally clearing up and you can see the roses... yellow are some of my favorite. It's kind of like life... I hope that the smoke and haze are gone from your life for a good while.
Love you!
~J

Melinda August 25, 2008 at 3:20 PM  

I loved your day book. I also loved the picture. The flower is so pretty. Enjoy you day! Melinda

SuperAngel August 25, 2008 at 3:46 PM  

Oh good! I am so glad Bro. Scott is home! :) I bet you are too!
HUGS!

I can't wait to see Sept.'s layout! It's gonna be gorgeous! Speaking of gorgeous... that flower sure is!

I bet staying up with you is Jess's favorite thing too. I know its my favorite thing to stay up with my Mama! :)

Wonderful daybook.
Miss Amanda
http://superangelsblog.com

lcourtneymom August 25, 2008 at 6:49 PM  

I enjoyed your daybook.

I found Growing in Grace through another blog and have marked it for my 9yo.

I hope your week is good.

Leah
http:www.homeschoolblogger.com/lcourtneymom

Grandma Starr August 25, 2008 at 6:59 PM  

Enjoyed your daybook..
Beautiful flower.

Blessings,
Grandma Starr

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP