All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, August 11, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook - 17

For Today...


Outside my Window...the sun is going down, but I don't have a very good view from our window. :P

I am thinking...about how yummy my enchilada was a few minutes ago as my tongue has a lingering flavor from the sauce. YUM!

I am thankful for...my family and for my friend Jacque. I read Proverbs 12 today and found this verse that made me think of her. Proverbs 12:20, "Deceit is in the heart of them that imagine evil: but to the counsellors of peace is joy." She is my counsellor of peace and she brings me joy!

From the kitchen...we have a pile of tomatoes to go through tonight. We're going to boil some water and dip them to peel the skin off then freeze them in a ziploc bag.

I am wearing...a denim skirt, sandals, and an orange top.

I am reading...the summer issue of TOS and 'Love as a Way of Life'

I am hoping...that I can have time to IM my Dixon friends tonight.

I am hearing...Pre-season football that my husband is watching.

Around the house...Jess is making a slushy for my husband and his friend while they watch their pre-season football.

One of my favorite things...plums when they're still a bit crunchy. :O)

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...I hope to go out Tuesday night with Lady Jess to reach people for the Lord(called Soul Winning), be in church on Wednesday, and teach a parenting class tomorrow at 1pm for The Sarah Home.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...I took this last year at the Mother Daughter Bridal Banquet.

So now I want you to guess if these flowers are fresh or silk?








The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

4 kind words:

Miss Jocelyn August 11, 2008 at 7:21 PM  

Hmmm yummy, I love enchiladas, especially the ones from NM.

:)

Grandma Starr August 11, 2008 at 8:13 PM  

Hi there.....
Thank you for your comment....
Very nice daybook.....
I guess silk....but they look real.......
Blessings,
Judi

SuperAngel August 11, 2008 at 9:15 PM  

ahhh! I could enchiladas everyday for every meal! We had some the other nite and they were SO good!

You are soo sweet! I have to absolutely agree with everything you said about mama! :)

Your outfit sounds really cute!

I hope we can im tonite too! when you gonna be on? :D

Plums that are crunchy are my favorite too!

This was so nice to read! we miss you gals and hope to talk to you soon!

Love
Amanda
http://superangelsblog.com

MrsD/Jacque August 12, 2008 at 12:18 AM  

I am missing the NM enchiladas, though I made some the other night that even Matt reallllly liked! (He's a bit particular on mexican food, you know!) lol. I used real chicken instead of canned cream of chicken soup. It was GREAT!

I could eat mexican food 6/7 days a week.
and the plums... I agree. Matt has brought home some delicious organic ones recently. We used to have a hard time finding ones that were actually sweet, and these are.

Your comment about the Proverbs 12 really touched me. Thank you. What a blessing you are to me too!
Love you!
~J
Walking Therein

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP