All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, August 4, 2008

Utter Nonsense

So here I am at 12:02 am writing a blog post because it's my FIRST quiet moment alone since 6 am Sunday morning. I just finished writing several blog posts, answering emails, and eating a bowl of cereal. Not just any bowl mind you. My dishwasher is running and I had NO bowls left in the cabinet. So this is actually one of those small rectangle Ziploc containers. (Works for me)

You see when we run the AC and a major appliance at the same time, the power goes out. So we need to wait until after the house cools down to run the dishwasher, washing machine, and the dryer. Do you know what that means? That means that I'm doing laundry awfully late at night. (cringe) The buzzer just went off and it might wake the family. (Note to self: Turn off the buzzer at night time)

Tonight the girls finished packing for camp and they're leaving in the morning. I plan to prepare a large breakfast for them before they go on they're 2 hour bus ride. I'm going to miss them, but this camp is a MAJOR big deal! Nearly 1000 teens on a mountain top with no secular influence and a lot of preaching. I have gone several times over the years and every time we see lives changed.

We have an extra teen staying with us for a time and my Moni was so sweet tonight. This little guy has never been to a church camp before and Moni packed all his things. I was quite surprised at the kindness she showed him. We're praying for God to work miracles in his life and in the life of his sister. She's also going to camp and this sibling pair RARELY sees eye to eye on ANYTHING. (And I'm putting that mildly.) **Please Pray for them**

I hear the noise of a zipper banging on the dryer wall as it tumbles around, the humming of the dishwasher, and I'm wishing I were in bed. But here's the thing... I love this almost silent evening. Do you ever have the television on just for the background noise? The hum of an appliance is more relaxing I promise.

So now that I'm headed to bed with my tummy full of Rice Chex and dreading the tummy ache I get from eating so late, I am reminded of how nice it is to be alone sometimes.



The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

3 kind words:

Wendy August 4, 2008 at 10:41 AM  

Ahhhh, I love times when the house is completely silent. So the boy is with you? Praying for a great revival in his and his sister's hearts this week! PTL they were even able to attend camp!!

Miss Jocelyn August 4, 2008 at 3:28 PM  

Praying for the girls and glad you got some time by yourself. Sorry about the power-overload. That's what kept happening to us in NM and it was the hotest week they'd had all year.

Sisterlisa August 4, 2008 at 4:10 PM  

Yes he is staying with us for now. Their parents are praying that I could take both of them, which means God would need to get us a larger home. ;O)

Then she wants me to homeschool them and teach her how as well.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP