All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, August 11, 2008

Wounds of a Friend

Another sunny day here in California and I'm so thankful to have a blue sky rather than the smoky sky we had for several weeks when we were having fires here in Northern California. The girl we wanted to help at The Sarah home was denied the ability to be in our program so we're trusting in God for her life.

The kids are home from camp and made several decisions including giving their bodies to the Lord, obeying their parents, and being a better friend. Jess said she wants to be the kind of friend who stops a friend, whenever possible, from going in the wrong direction. Which I think is interesting, because she already does that. Many girls think her bossy for doing so, but she knows that some day they will appreciate her stand in trying to keep them out of trouble.

I guess that's a topic her and I may write about at GGM. Girls need to stop thinking bout each other as being a 'rat'. A good friend is someone who takes a stand for what's right. I know there's a difference between being a tattle tale or busybody, and a good friend. It's all in your heart condition.

She sits here asking me what she needs to work on in her life as a friend, but I think she needs to open up to her friends and ask them. It may hurt at first, but the Bible says in Proverbs 27:6,
"Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful."

Poor teen girls, life can be so rough when you're that age. Remember that homeschooling isn't just for academics, but for social learning as well.



The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

2 kind words:

SuperAngel August 11, 2008 at 9:07 PM  

Yep! that is a touchy subject! Remember the article I did about this for the March GGM issue? It is very important to know when to "tattle" on a friend!
I will be praying for Jess!
Love,
Amanda
http://superangelsblog.com

Sisterlisa August 16, 2008 at 10:17 AM  

Yes I do remember your article Miss Amanda. I cringe when I see girls behave that way.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP