All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day of School

Today is our first day of school! Yesterday my husband was able to be at home for Labor Day and he treated everyone to donuts and we had lunch with our friends from The Sarah Home. This morning as I woke up at 5:30 I lay awake in bed thinking about my day and praying. As I exited my room I saw a bundle of blanket on the couch and wondered if there be a body under it. I let the dog out the front door and peeked under the blanket, being careful not to wake who was inside, only tin find a wide awake little boy named, Timmy!

We got in some snuggling time and he said he was hungry. He was the early bird who got the worm today, as he finished the last donut we had. Then he drifted back to sleep.

I know I heard my daughter's alarm go off so I sneak inside to see what she's up to and she's praying and reading her Bible. I have had my cup of coffee and prayed with my husband before he left, now I need to get dressed.

Moni was up last night previewing her new Math U See curriculum and watching the video. She watched several lessons already so I'm pumped that she is so interested! Jess plans to move ahead quickly in her book so that she can begin her twelfth grade math for the second semester. She's also going to be helping to teach Timmy this year so this will be good for her as she learns to home educate too.

Gina loves the Math U See manipulatives. The videos are great!

Are you training your teens to teach as well?


The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator


2 kind words:

devildogwife September 2, 2008 at 3:43 PM  

It's so much fun when they're excited about school! Since we're heading toward the end of our year, Munchkin isn't quite as excited. ;) But, she does enjoy most things. :)

Wendy September 3, 2008 at 8:53 AM  

Sounds like a great first day! Hannah is so excited about spelling this year, which is great since her handwriting was less than desirable but I can already see improvements :-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP