All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Starbucks Appreciating Teachers

The HSLDA announced that Starbucks is having a special promotion for all teachers on Monday September 29th. Their “Great Start for Great Teachers” program was originally designed to not accept homeschoolers, according to HSLDA, and now they ARE including us. They intervened and we are told that we DO get a free cup of java! Their guidelines are as follows:

  • Home School Legal Defense Association membership card.
  • Membership card from a state homeschooling organization.
  • Notification from a school district or state government recognizing compliance with compulsory attendance.
  • Paperwork submitted showing intent to establish a homeschool program.
  • Paperwork showing the establishment of a private school.

If you don’t have one of the items on this list be creative and try to provide other proof of homeschooling.

Please note: the final decision about whether to accept proof of homeschooling resides with Starbucks.

I frequent Starbucks myself and know the partners that work there. I always have a pleasant experience with them and don't foresee any issues at all letting them know that I homeschool.

*I know there's controversy surrounding Starbucks among many Christians, because of some social issues they support. Yet, I honestly don't know of many establishments in my town that aren't supportive of certain issues. If I was to boycott all of them I would not be able to go shopping at all. I will be stopping in at Starbucks on Monday to get a coffee, and I'll be getting their low-fat turkey bacon sandwich as well. It's awesome and healthy!




The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



0 kind words:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP