All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

HS Memoirs: Study Spot


This week share your favourite spot to study with your kids. There are many places you can sit down to teach, learn, and work, but where do you prefer and why? You’re welcome to include a photo of your study spot! Looking forward to seeing everyone’s!

We have a few study spots and so I'll share them all with you. I enjoy being at my computer when I study, because most of my biblical studies I have printed out for The Sarah Home or blog about so I need the use of my computer.

Jess enjoys her study chair in her room. We got her a Lazy Boy recliner for her study time. She prefers the quiet of her room with a warm glowing candle in the corner of her room. Sometimes she uses my room for computer research on my laptop and the TV in my room for her Math U See DVD time.

Moni uses the desk we had gotten for Gina last year. Since the girls swapped rooms the desk remains and so Moni uses it now.

Gina and Timmy use the dining room table and the couch with a TV tray. It doesn't always work for them to be at the same table for all subjects. That gets way too confusing!

Also see:
My Recipes
My Homeschool Posts
My Homestead Posts





The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



12 kind words:

krazzymommy October 8, 2008 at 10:08 AM  

I love your blog - it is beautiful!

Kris October 8, 2008 at 4:22 PM  

Ah, yes. The computer is a must-have for most anything I do. Like your crew, my kids each have places where they study best. It's one of the things I love about homeschooling -- everyone can do what works for them.

Tiffany October 8, 2008 at 6:05 PM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog! We bought the chalkboard paint and painted the entire wall at the bottom of the stairs leading to the basement. With the entire wall being chalkboard, the girls (8 and 5) have plenty of room at their level to write and/or play while still leaving me plenty of room above their level to write what needs to remain there for longer amounts of time.

Your blog is beautiful, by the way!

Sisterlisa October 8, 2008 at 6:19 PM  

Thank you Tiffany. I enjoy creating graphics for blogs. Chalkboard paint? Oh I must get some when we move.

Thank you all for coming by. I'm trying to get to each of the other ladies blogs this time.

Sadie October 8, 2008 at 7:31 PM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog!! ...you asked about the project my boys were doing in the picture....they were doing their impression of a Kandinsky painting (http://allboyhomeschool.blogspot.com/2008/07/boys-and-their-chickens.html)

Speaking from the Heart October 8, 2008 at 7:53 PM  

My kids like to have their own spaces also. There are less fights, since each of them has his/her own table.

Renee October 8, 2008 at 8:13 PM  

Wonderful post! We do homeschooling in our living room and kitchen too. Tray tables work great with the sofa.

Renee'
http://rmboys1.wordpress.com/

Rhonda October 9, 2008 at 5:18 AM  

A Lazy Boy recliner sounds like a wonderful way to study-and with a lit candle-so cozy.
Thank you for stopping by my blog. I am still getting wonderful compliments on your design!!
~Have a blessed day.

Anonymous,  October 10, 2008 at 4:31 PM  

Her own recliner? That's wonderful! I would have loved that as a young learner.
Many Blessings,
Holly@aiminghigh
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/aiminghigh

Jack's Mommy October 11, 2008 at 10:51 PM  

hello.. :) i've been reading your blog for about 2 months now and love it. i also have enjoyed 2 editions of GIG magazine so far! i was reading your blog a few minutes ago and clicked over to your daughter's...i didn't realize her name was gina and yall call her geena beena. :-D my 12 year old cousin is named "jeana" and we've always called HER "jeana beana".

I thought it was neat to find someone with the same nickname as my sweet little cousin. :)

anyway, hope you have a great sunday!

amada October 17, 2008 at 11:16 AM  

I think it's cool how you all have your special spots! If only we were able to live in the same spot for more than a year, we'd probably have developed preferences too... and as my kids get older I'm sure this will happen more and more.

Amy
Trujillo, Peru

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP