All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's when you eat ice cream

Last night as I was reading a story to Gina. Each time I read with her, we stop to make sure she understands the meanings behind the words. So last night we came across this word, 'brainstorm'. So I asked her do you know what a brainstorm is? Her positive nod of the head made me wonder how she knew this so I asked her, "Okay Gina tell me what you think a brainstorm is." Her reply made me chuckle as she boldly shared her answer with me.
"It's when someone eats ice cream and your brainstorms!"

Then she began to giggle and I said. "Are you sure about that?" She suddenly realized she had it wrong, but it was so cute that we both had a good giggle together. I kindly explained what a brainstorm really is and she humbly received the correction.

Much better than taking a test and getting a red x on it. ;O)

Vocabulary words:
Brainstorm-(noun) a sudden impulse, idea, etc.
Brain freeze-(noun) a sudden feeling of pain in the forehead or temples, esp. when eating or drinking cold items, caused by the temporary narrowing of the arteries as a result of the rapid cooling of the hard palate; also called [ice cream headache]



Also see:
My Recipes
My Homeschool Posts
My Homestead Posts

The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



3 kind words:

Miss Jocelyn October 15, 2008 at 9:39 AM  

How cute, and now I want some ice cream.... :)

Shannon October 15, 2008 at 10:35 AM  

Very cute!
I just found your blog over at the Homeschool Post.
I've enjoyed visiting - your blog is so pretty!
Blessings,
Shannon

SuperAngel October 18, 2008 at 1:21 PM  

That is so sweet! :) how cute! Yes, I want some ice cream too! :P

Jocelyn answered you about the barn on the post. :)

Thanks for commenting on my pictures! :)
HUGS!
Miss Amanda
http://superangelsblog.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP