All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Things About Me

I'm taking a break for a moment from the political posts in order to have fun with our friends at the HSBAPost's Homeschool Memoirs. Today's assignment is to list some fun facts about yourself . Here is the message Miss Jocelyn gives us this week:

"The time will be changing again. I think on Sunday but not sure. Anyhow this is our 10th Homeschool Memoirs so this week it’s going to be about 10 timely facts about you! Write 10 interesting, crazy, weird, fun facts about you! Include facts about you as a woman, a wife, a mommy, a homeschooler, a homekeeper, a taxi-driver, a cook, etc . I only put 10 facts because I didn’t want to overwhelm you, but you’re welcome to do more!"

1. I am a student at heart and enjoy learning something new everyday. I'm thankful for the internet!

2. I love to wear sandals and will wear them until it is impossibly cold outside.

3. I'm an avid nail biter and go in bursts. Although since I confessed to Miss Jocelyn I have NOT bitten them PTL!

4. I had braces when I was 30 and people tell me that I now have a GREAT smile. :O)

5. I enjoy coffee far too much, but my teeth have never been stained. :O)

6. When I was a little girl I shaved off my eyebrows and I JUST now got them to look normal again.

7. I'm a real blonde, but my hair grew darker after the birth of each of my children.

8. My favorite soda is Diet Pepsi MAX!

9. I stash sugar free chocolates in my room in case I have a sweet tooth. Don't eat too many, or you'll have diarrhea.

10. I can figure almost anything out if I put my mind to it. I'm the one who puts all the toys together on Christmas day.

11. I go as fast as possible when cleaning the kitchen, because I really don't like doing the dishes. Give me the bathroom anyday.

12. I am inspired by the Dixon Family. SO glad God led me to find them.

13. Love the thrill of publishing GGM each month, even if it is til 2 am the night before.

14. I am working on being meek. I bite my tongue many time a day and my husband asked me tonight how many stitches my tongue needed today.

15. I'm in my second year of Biblical Studies and will graduate in May with my 2 year degree.

16. I am working on my AA with the ACADC by writing a book.

17. I absolutely adore the colors of fall and it's my favorite time of year with decorating the house in that color scheme. (Although Jess does it for me now.)

18. I am SO in love with homeschooling. A big thank you to ALL of the other HS moms who blog. You're all such an inspiration to me!

19. Will never forget what SuzyScribbles said to me when she said that I have grasped Homeschooling so well in my first year. I'm honored to receive that compliment from her!

20. I wish I had more time to learn. I sometimes wake up early and stay up late just to keep reading.



Also see:
My Recipes
My Homeschool Posts
My Homestead Posts

The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



6 kind words:

SuperAngel October 23, 2008 at 10:35 PM  

How fun! We are a lot alike! :)
I wear flip flops as late as I can too, I bite my nails, I had braces, I haven't shaved my eyebrows but Jocelyn did.

You are such a sweet friend and we are so blessed by your friendship too! Love you!
Amanda
http://superangelsblog.com

Shawnee October 23, 2008 at 10:54 PM  

Thank you for sharing your list with us. I love to learn as well. I pray you have a blessed week!

Shawnee

Rhonda October 24, 2008 at 6:47 AM  

I loved reading your list!
I had to smile about the "how many stitches did your tongue need" comment. That is something I have to work on daily-being meek, I mean.
I love to continually learn also and I have learned so much since I began homeschooling.
Thanks for sharing your great list.

Sallie October 26, 2008 at 4:16 AM  

Lisa, dear, I accidentally deleted your email to me about your change post over at HSBA.. it ended up in my spam folder for some reason and I saw it as I hit delete... I tried to stop it but it was too late :-(

{{{HUGS}}}
Sallie

SuperAngel October 28, 2008 at 7:34 PM  

That is pretty neat that I keep coming up! I know that Baldwin definitely has a fighting chance! I just hope people vote their conscience and not out of they don't want Obama to win!
Love,
Amanda
http://superangelsblog.com

Betsy October 31, 2008 at 7:23 PM  

Kinda late reading this, but I enjoyed your list. :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP