All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday Was Relatively Peaceful

Thanksgiving morning Jess and I woke up at 6 am to head over to The Sarah Home to begin making our Thanksgiving Day pies. We made three chocolate pudding pies, one lemon meringue pie, and two Orange cream cheese pumpkin swirl pies. Then we had a sweet service at church at 10 am. We headed back to The Sarah Home where we cooked until 5 pm. The dinner was great. It was so nice to prepare fresh green beans, cut potatoes, and make homemade stuffing with Charlene, her mother Marlene, Alice and Jess. We had a great time making memories that day. We ate until we could eat no more!

We got to bed around 10pm then Scott, Moni and I, along with two of the ladies from The Sarah Home hit the stores at 4 am. Yes it was cold and we stood in line for a while, but it was worth it. We saved over $800 for Toys for Tots! After reading the reports of the shopping tragedies on the East coast I'd have to say that our town is very calm. This year I did not see any injuries at all. Moni and I did hear some profanity from shoppers upset that they missed the deals they were looking for. Although I was tired, I was not in any mad dash rush, nor spoke profane words when the RC cars were all gone. We got a lot of really cool toys today and we know the needy children will have a smile on their faces this year.

While I was in line at Toys R Us, my husband sneaked over to Kohl's and found me a Memory Foam pillow for my neck. I used it during my nap today and slept without pain!! Thank you honey!

For those who don't celebrate the secular version of Christmas, Black Friday would be a good time to stock up on birthday gifts and clothing. This year most stores offered many of the same deals online. So be prepared for next year. You can do it without the crowds!



Also see:
My Recipes
My Homeschool Posts
My Homestead Posts

The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



3 kind words:

Miss Jocelyn November 29, 2008 at 6:23 PM  

I'm so glad your day went well and you all went unharmed. I bet all those pies tasted excellent!

MrsD/Jacque November 29, 2008 at 10:32 PM  

I am glad all went well with you all. Glad you got to go together with your dh too.
I saw there were so many online deals too. I am happy here at home!

Californialily November 30, 2008 at 9:44 PM  

Jocelyn, her pies were definitely excellent! I had to come back for a second serving ;)

And this is actually my first year ever hearing of "Black Friday." I'll prepare for it next year and it sounds like it'll save me a lot of money for Christmas presents too!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP