All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Let's Play With Miss Jocelyn!



Miss Jocelyn is wondering what board games we use for education. I love this idea, because when we started homeschooling we got games JUST for this purpose. So here are the games our kids enjoy:

Timmy who is 6 years old enjoys puzzles, any kind of match game and we have a few different ones. Fun with Sentence Structure, which really isn't a board game per say but sure is a fun way to learn. He likes Sorry, which teaches him patience ;O) and Monopoly Jr.

The girls have Pink Boutique Edition Monopoly, Scrabble, You can even play a Scrabble online version which is good practice. Then there's one of my favorites, Yahtzee! Apples to Apples Jr., and Mind Trap.

Now Mind Trap does have 'some' questionable scenarios regarding alcohol and smoking. So I pull those ones out.

And of course we have many online games and CD Roms too.



Also see:
My Recipes
My Homeschool Posts
My Homestead Posts

The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



5 kind words:

SuzyScribbles November 5, 2008 at 11:04 AM  

Mind Trap. I've got a couple of older kids who always want to play this game at family gatherings. To me, it takes too much thinking. I'd rather play Scrabble or Trivia Pursuit. But some folks really like Mind Trap, so much so that for a number of months I did a "Mind Trap" Monday on my blog so bloggers could try and figure out the answers. Most came pretty close. Smart folks, these homeschoolers. :-)

Tracy November 5, 2008 at 11:57 AM  

Thanks for sharing! I love scrabble too!

Sherry November 6, 2008 at 7:24 AM  

I'm going to have to check out Mind Trap. It sounds intriguing. :D

Lady Rachel November 7, 2008 at 5:45 PM  

Hello there, Mrs B. -
Just thought I would come over and reply to your comment before I forgot! Thank you for coming by. :) Yes, Jocelyn does the Next Generation Blogroll. I am on that one too.

I just thought it was a cute idea to do a recipe post of that since I love blogging and baking! lol

love and blessings to all!
Love,
Rachel

Miss Jocelyn November 7, 2008 at 11:02 PM  

Sounds like wonderful ways to learn and play!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP