All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Love Lifted Me

Today our church sang this song and my dear sweet elderly deaf friend, Alice, began to cry. Alice's husband went to be with the Lord a few years ago and when his favorite songs are sang in our church it brings tears to her eyes. She misses him terribly! After we finished singing I reminded her of this: "It won't be too much longer Alice. Jesus IS coming very very soon." She nodded and wiped her tears away.

Psalm 30:5b, ".. weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."

Psalm 126:5, "They that sow in tears shall reap in joy."

By James Rowe

I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore,
Very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more,
But the Master of the sea, heard my despairing cry,
From the waters lifted me, now safe am I.

Love lifted me!
Love lifted me!
When nothing else could help
Love lifted me!

All my heart to Him I give, ever to Him I'll cling
In His blessed presence live, ever His praises sing,
Love so mighty and so true, merits my soul's best songs,
Faithful, loving service too, to Him belongs.

Love lifted me!
Love lifted me!
When nothing else could help
Love lifted me!

Souls in danger look above, Jesus completely saves,
He will lift you by His love, out of the angry waves.
He's the Master of the sea, billows His will obey,
He your Savior wants to be, be saved today.

Love lifted me!
Love lifted me!
When nothing else could help
Love lifted me!



Also see:
My Recipes
My Homeschool Posts
My Homestead Posts

The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



3 kind words:

Miss Jocelyn November 24, 2008 at 5:13 PM  

Aww that is very sad, but we do have a wonderful promise in Christ!

Miss Rachel November 25, 2008 at 9:24 AM  

Hello there Mrs. B -
Thank you for your very sweet comment on my witchcraft post. I agree with you about the Bible verse and about how none of the good things of God are being put into this new *most anticipated* movie of the year.

And yet, a lot of Christians can bypass the whole nature of it (being vampires and evilness, ect.) and go and pay to see it. I am saddened by this.

I had not even realized I was posting about witchcraft as this new movie came out. I guess God just had the timing just perfect. Glad I didn't post this a month ago when I was going to. :o)

Thank you for your comment again. :)

Love and blessings!
love,
Rachel
PS. I sent a reply to the email about Moni's earrings. Just wanted to let you know.

Californialily November 27, 2008 at 8:52 PM  

I wish I knew Bob before he passed away but Alice is such a blessing in my life right now! I love seeing her smile and hearing her laugh. I look forward to the day when I see her reuinted with her husband :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP