All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

No Passing Through

When my kids attended Christian school oftentimes they would come home saddened at the red marks on their papers. The teachers were merciful in allowing them to make corrections, yet in my mind I wondered why they would allow corrections then to see the child get the same things wrong on their tests. Something was missing.

Now that I homeschool I can look at their papers over a 3 to 4 day time period and see what type of problems they're getting wrong. Is it the same math formula that they're struggling with? Is it the same grammar mistakes? Maybe it's the same spelling errors. So I sit down with the Lord and seek His help. "Lord how can I better explain this problem to my child and help them succeed?"

Once the Lord has given me my answer(and He always does) I sit down alone with that child. I show them where the mistake was made and then we review the lesson again. By the power of the Holy Spirit I am able to assist my child with not only correcting the mistakes made, but reaffirm the teaching so they understand it. We do not continue until we know the child has mastered the concept. It is then that I will give them the test. When I use this method they always do very well on the test.

I'm not an advocate of just passing someone through as long as they don't get an F, which we see so many times in schools today. I am so thankful that the Lord has lead us to homeschooling. I truly believe it is the BEST for any child.

If you are interested in homeschooling and don't know where to start please see my page, "Homeschooling: Are you Sure?" and then "How to get started".





Also see:
My Recipes
My Homeschool Posts
My Homestead Posts

The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



1 kind words:

SuperAngel November 12, 2008 at 7:27 PM  

that is awesome! I am so glad you were able to homeschool too! I know the kids are loving it!

Thank you SisterLisa, for sharing your heart with me on my SP&P and for your sweet words to me!
I love you!
Miss Amanda
http://superangelsblog.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP