All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Pledge of Allegiance: A Heritage Worth Keeping

Let's not forget what the original Pledge of Allegiance says and what it stands for.

Written by Francis Bellamy in 1892. The Pledge was first used in public schools on October 12, 1892 during Columbus Day observances. Some have criticized the pledge of other such patriotic observances of the flag. Some burn flags and some do not display them properly. Some have openly criticized President-Elect Obama of not showing honor during the national anthem and yet he HAS been observed Pledging Allegiance to the flag in congressional hearings.

Some people just simply have not been taught ALL the honoring observances, yet we must continue to pass down this heritage to future generations. Does your family know the Pledge of Allegiance? Does your family know the proper way to display a flag? Take a moment to review to American Flag Etiquette.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it stands:
one Nation under God,
indivisible,
With Liberty
and Justice for all."






Also see:
My Recipes
My Homeschool Posts
My Homestead Posts

The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



0 kind words:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP