All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, December 1, 2008

Make a Small Child Happy This Month




Toys for Tots is in full swing right now with thousands of volunteers working diligently to help bring in toys for displaced children. Won't you please consider supporting those children in your community?

Here is a new innovative way for you to donate $5 to help purchase a toy for a little one near you:
TEXT 'TOY'
to
90999

To donate $5.00
*Help the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation provide a gift of hope to
disadvantaged children. Your cash donations will help Toys for Tots reach
children in YOUR community.

It’s FAST
It’s EASY
It DELIVERS HOPE!

Help Toys for Tots give disadvantaged children the memory of a lifetime.
Text “TOY” to 90999 Today!

* A one-time charge of $5 will be added to your mobile phone bill. Standard messaging rates and additional fees
may apply. All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. Proceeds benefit the Marine Toys
for Tots Foundation. Service is available on most carriers. You can unsubscribe at any time by texting STOP to 90999.


FAQ:
Q. Is the donation completed once I text TOY to 90999?

A. No. After you text the word TOY to 90999, you will receive a reply text asking you to confirm your $5 donation. To complete the donation, reply YES to 90999. At that time, the $5 donation will be added to the donor’s next monthly cell phone bill.

Q. Does it work on any cell phone?

A. Almost anyone in the U.S. can text a donation to Toys for Tots. The program is supported by Alltel, AT&T, Sprint/Nextel, T-Mobile, and Verizon Wireless.

Q. Can I donate more than $5?

A. Yes. While each text transaction will only make a $5 donation, you may text up to 5 times for a total donation of $25.

Q. Is there a charge for the text messages I send?

A. If you have an unlimited text messaging plan, there would be no additional text messaging charges from your wireless carrier. Otherwise, standard text messaging rates based on your service plan will apply.

Q. How is the donation payment made?

A. A $5 non-taxable charge will be added to your next monthly phone bill. Simply pay the bill in full, and the wireless carrier will pass the donation on to the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation.

Q. Will my donation benefit my local Toys for Tots program?

A. Yes. Donations will be given to a Toys for Tots program near you to be used to purchase toys for economically disadvantaged children.

Q. Do I need an area code in front of 90999?

A. No, just simply enter 90999 instead of a 10 digit phone number.

Q. How do I get a receipt for my donation?

A. Follow this URL: http://mobilegiving.org/SMS_Donations/, type in your mobile number, and you will be able to view and print your receipt for any mobile donations made from that number.

I'd also like to encourage you to become a volunteer to assist your local Toys for Tots Coordinator. Find one here.

You can also help by donating for our literacy program. The info is on this page.



Also see:
My Recipes
My Homeschool Posts
My Homestead Posts

The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



0 kind words:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP