All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Friday, December 5, 2008

Missing Socks

Are any of you like me and end up with socks that don't match? Does the dryer eat them up?

I keep mine in a small bag and each time I wash the whites I pour them out to try and match them up. This can be turned into a fun game for your little ones. If I don't find the match within a month I use those loners for other purposes or toss them out.

Whatever the case here are some ideas on what you can do with those little loners.

Miss Amanda said she has used unmatched socks for stuffing the door warmers that Miss Jocelyn posted about at GGM.

You can slide one over the hand and spray lightly with furniture polish and dust those shelves. You can also slip them over a yard stick or ruler to slide under hard to reach places.


Baby socks can be used to place over their little hands during the winter to keep them warm.


Place over the hand to dust in between the mini-blinds.


Place a Ziploc bag of ice into one sock for ice packs used for injuries.


Use for checking the oil in your car, instead of a rag.

Keep a few in the car for dusting off the dashboard while waiting in traffic.

Keep extra unmatched socks in the car for those days when playing in the snow or rain. If the children's feet get wet you'll have some extras to put on them.

Place over hands when picking up leaves in the yard.


Wear over your hands when scraping ice of your car windshield.


I hope these tips are useful for you. If you have an idea not mentioned here, please let me know what it is. I'd love to hear from you!

If you have a chance please come by December's Issue of Growing in Grace Magazine. My second daughter, Moni, is the Girl of Grace this month.


Also see:
My Recipes
My Homeschool Posts
My Homestead Posts

The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



2 kind words:

SuperAngel December 5, 2008 at 10:47 AM  

haha! that is too funny you posted about this! :)

The door warmer that Jocelyn made for GGM this month wasnt stuffed with socks, but we have some old ones that are! :P

I do the whole basket of socks before I pair thing too!
Love,
Miss Amanda
The Daily Planet

Anonymous,  December 23, 2008 at 4:49 PM  

Fill large socks with rice, tie a knot in the end, heat in the microwave for 90 seconds: Voila! I neck warmer, toe warmer, back warmer...whatever floats your boat.

These help us not freeze when we go to bed on chilly nights.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP