All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Quick Fix Fajitas

We had a delicious dinner tonight and Vicki asked me how I made it. These pictures are not mine, but this is the basics of what I had.


I had cooked tri tip steak(left over from another dinner) sliced thinly then chopped into bit sized pieces. I tossed the steak into a skillet and heated up. I then poured taco seasoning over it and added a bit of water to create a juice. I heated again until hot.


Meanwhile I had already chopped bell peppers into small slices and sauteed in a pan with fresh garlic and margarine. After that mixture was cooked I added the sliced mushrooms and covered with a lid to help keep the vegetables moist.




We grated cheddar cheese and fried homemade corn tortillas for the shells. (No, I did not make the tortillas, they were given to me)

{Tips}

1. I do not like adding any seasoning to the vegetables, they taste wonderful on their own.

2. If you use sharp cheddar cheese you'll save on calories. Since the flavor is so rich you won't use as much cheese.

3. Choose low fat sour cream.

4. For a spicier fajita keep the seeds from the bell peppers and saute with the peppers.

5. Use fresh garlic that you need to peel on your own. Getting the fresh garlic oil into your finger when you peel them is good for your immune system. The oil absorbs into the fingertips and nail beds. Just don't expect to get too romantic after doing so. The aroma isn't always pleasant to your spouse. ;O)



Also see:
My Recipes
My Homeschool Posts
My Homestead Posts
The HomeSpun Life




2 kind words:

Vicki December 4, 2008 at 8:33 PM  

Wow, those are easy!! Okay, next trip to the store I'll have to get the ingredients, because they really do sound wonderful!

Hopefully by then I will be out of my cast so I can slice and dice all of this stuff!

Blessings, and thanks for the tips!!

MrsD/Jacque December 4, 2008 at 10:43 PM  

Looks - and sounds- delicious!!!!
Wish we could have joined you all! Yumm!

Matt isn't a garlic or onion smell fan. I don't mind either, as I love them both. We usually smell like GOOT around here though! LOL

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP