All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Second Bowl of Soup

Remember when I shared about the man who I took toys and a pizza too? Well today my husband was at the store and a man approached him for a few dollars. My husband said he didn't have any cash, but was willing to get him some food. The man said that he had food stamps already and thanked him anyway. (How nice that he was honest about that.) He then came back and asked my husband if he could have help with getting diapers. My husband said yes and asked where he lived and he told him which hotel he was staying at. My husband proceeded to ask him if he had a wife and children to which he replied, "Yes why?" My husband said, "I don't suppose a woman came by the other day with toys and pizza for your family?" Shocked the man sputtered out, "Yes, she did how did you know?" Scott said, "That was my wife."

The man said that I had invited him to church and was happy that I would be sending out someone to visit their room on Saturday so they could come to church on Sunday. How cool that we both encountered the same family just three days apart. I sense God is moving in the lives of this family. You never know who you are helping this time of year. Always be wise when dealing with people who are approaching you for money, yet don't ignore the opportunities God is handing you.

Hebrews 13:1-3, "Let brotherly love continue.

2Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

3Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body."





Also see:
My Recipes
My Homeschool Posts
My Homestead Posts

The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



3 kind words:

SuperAngel December 24, 2008 at 10:34 AM  

You are so right! We cannot ignore those in need that ask for our help, because it is an opportunity to show Christ to them and have Him use us in their lives!
I will be praying for this family. :)
HUGS! and LOVE!
Amanda
The Daily Planet

Martha December 24, 2008 at 8:44 PM  

What an amazing story! Thank you for sharing :) I hope to see a story about what happened at the ER. I'm worried and I am keeping you in my prayers tonight! P.S. Is this your personal blog? I had no idea you had one until today! I'll be keeping an eye on this one :) I've been missing you dearly and this blog will surely help this homesick gal :)
<3 Martha

MrsD/Jacque December 24, 2008 at 10:10 PM  

This is just wonderful. God is so good!

"I sense God is moving in the lives of this family. "
I am so blessed by this! I have been reading the VOTM magazine, and I think we all need to get it and teach out of it. It is awesome and amazing to me what our brothers and sisters are living through. And the lost in their countries have NO connection to God like we do in the USA.

(((HUGS))) and blessings sweet friend! To all of you~

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP