All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Soup for Your Soul

I want to apologize for not being able to communicate with all of you. Today is our last day running Toys for Tots for this season and tonight we will be celebrating with Charlene, her boys, and her mom. For now I'd like to leave you with a few prayer requests.

I encountered a young man at the gas station yesterday morning who was asking for just a few dollars. Usually I would have been apprehensive, but he was so sincere. Be stood at a distance as not to alarm me and I explained that I didn't have any cash, but asked what he was in need of. (Keep in mind I have NOTHING on my van that says I run the local Toys for Tots campaign.) He says to me, "I just need to be able to have Christmas with our family. We are living in a hotel right now." He gave me all their information and I told him I would be in touch. He thanked me and left.

We put together a bag of toys for his children and on the way home I picked up a pizza for them. When I arrived some of his family was already asleep but he came out and I handed him the pizza and he was SO thankful! I gave him the bags of toys and invited him to church and he said he would come and would like someone from the church to come see them. :O) Please pray for this small family.

Another one is when a lady came in and humbly asked, yet then wanted to decline the help for toys because she didn't want to 'bother me'. I could sense there was something else and I asked her what she needed. "Just a toy for my three children." Again she was going to leave before I could answer her. I assured her I would take care of her and her eyes welled up with tears. "Are you sure it's not a bother?" She asked? "Of course not I'll be right back." As I turned to leave she broke down and sobbed. I stopped and hugged her and asked what was wrong. "I just found out two months ago that my dad is in stage 3 cancer." This could possibly be their last Christmas together. I asked if she would mind me praying with her and she said she would LOVE prayer.

While I was getting her toys she had gone outside to tell her dad I could help and when I came out of the room she had a HUGE smile on her face and said that she had told her dad that I prayed for him and how thankful he was! Please pray for this family too.

I have been able to help hundreds of families for Christmas, yet these two really stand out in my mind. I pray they will be on your mind too.

Thank you for being patient with me while I've been away from my computer and not able to comment on your blogs. I pray you have a wonderful week with your families and I hope you enjoyed my little version of Soup for your Soul.



Also see:
My Recipes
My Homeschool Posts
My Homestead Posts

The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



3 kind words:

Laryssa @ Heaven In The Home December 23, 2008 at 8:13 AM  

Sister Lisa,

Don't be concerned about blogging or leaving comments! You are being the Master's hands and that is FAR more important. Thanks for being a Mary and not just a Martha.

Christmas Blessings,
Laryssa

Californialily December 23, 2008 at 8:43 AM  

How beautiful! There are humble ones in need out there amongst those in greed, like I heard from you & your daughters last night. I am SO glad that you saw them stand out in the crowd and God sends them to you because he knows you give with all of your heart!

SuperAngel December 24, 2008 at 10:32 AM  

Dear, sweet SisterLisa!
You are such an inspiration! I am just so proud to call you friend! I am crying because you were able to touch these people's lives as Christ would have!
Surely you are Christ's ambassador to your community! you have set such a wonderful example for us!
LOVE YOU LOADS!
Amanda
The Daily Planet

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP