All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Friday, January 2, 2009

It Keeps Coming Up!

I find it interesting how some topics continue to come up in my life. Someone asked us if we were interested in something in particular and I immediately shot it down. NO WAY! Then someone I knew was in need of having me provide the very same service that person asked me about, to which I couldn't say no because my heart was already in the midst of the situation.

Again my friend asked us to consider her original request and my husband even began to pursue the idea. Again I said no, but that time I was more open to it IF we had a larger home. Many of you know that a larger home has been on my heart for quite some time.

A few weeks ago Charlene and I were having a discussion about foster care and she mentioned to me how she knew that deaf children DO end in taken from their homes. I spoke to my friend who originally approached me and she confirmed that fact. I then asked the local Christian Foster care if they had foster parents who sign and she said no.

Last night this topic came up in my mind again and I honestly don't remember why or how it came about. I found a couple of articles online that broke my heart. I sat at my computer and cried. Why has God allowed me AND my family to do so well as learning sign language? My husband is learning it quite well and my three girls are very good at it. Even Timmy is asking me to teach him signing!

I have been thrilled to become friends with Charlene and even if my friendship with her was the only reason God gifted my family in sign that would be worth it all. Yet somehow I don't think God is stopping there. I spoke to my husband about it last night and he just took it in silence and hugged me. So this is something we are praying about. Just wanted to let it be known in case anyone else out there wants to support us in prayer. :O)


Also see:
My Recipes
My Homeschool Posts
My Homestead Posts

The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



9 kind words:

Californialily January 2, 2009 at 9:51 AM  

I will pray about it for you guys! It would be great since you all know signs, love kids and will show this child the Lord. I also believe that if this is God's will, he will provide for all that you need to make it possible; even a bigger place for that.

Vicki January 2, 2009 at 10:35 AM  

I'll be praying for you Sister Lisa! HE will lead your heart down the path that HE wants you to take, all you have to do is listen.

*HUGS*

I'm trying to learn/teach the myself and my girls sign language as well.

Sisterlisa January 2, 2009 at 1:17 PM  

Thank you both so much. Vicki I am planning on adding some SL videos to this blog this year. :O)

Martha January 2, 2009 at 8:55 PM  

Oh wow, that would definitely explain a whole lot! What a major decision, I will pray your family will make the right decision under God's guiding hands. Good luck and wow, I am super excited!!!

MrsD/Jacque January 3, 2009 at 1:01 AM  

Praying with you my dear friend. What a big step, and what a blessing!

Proverbs 16:9
"A man’s heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps."

I know the LORD has His hand on your family. May He bless you as you follow Him!

Love and HUGS~

Miss Rachel January 3, 2009 at 4:48 AM  

I will be praying for you, Mrs. B. :) I hope everything works out good for you all. :)

Love,
Rachel
http://dixonhomestead.com/rachel

SuperAngel January 3, 2009 at 8:07 AM  

You definitely have my prayers! I know God is using you in amazing ways and I am so blessed by you and yours!
HUGS and LOVE
Miss Amanda
The Daily Planet

Miss Jocelyn January 3, 2009 at 11:11 AM  

Praying for you and the Lord's will for your family in this area.

Momma Bug January 4, 2009 at 9:50 PM  

Sister Lisa,
Thank you for the hug, it was received with great delight!
Sounds like you could use one back:
{{Hugs}} back to you!

Love,
Analene

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP