All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, January 5, 2009

Racing Through Life

One of the things I enjoy the most about homeschooling is the spontaneous combustion of ideas and interests that come up each day and the freedom to be able to explore those interests without someone demanding that "we don't have time because we have to stay on schedule."

Timmy got a race track in December and while I was pondering the fun he had with it the Holy Spirit told me what He wants Timmy to learn about. Although it was fun for him to learn how to build it, follow the instructions (With help from his big sister Jess), and enjoy playing with it, God had a different lesson for him to learn. So He gave me the lesson and we will be learning it together tomorrow for our devotions.

Timmy's racetrack has battery operated hand held remotes, but the cars have to plug into the remote in order for it to charge. What charges those cars Timmy? What happens to those cars if they don't get charged? Can they drive fast if they don't have their full power? Will the track remain stable if the foundations are not built correctly? How important is that set of instructions?

Just as much as those cars need those batteries to charge them, the foundation to be built securely, and that you follow those instructions exactly as they are written, we must also do the same with our relationship with the Lord. We get our power from the Holy Spirit, we get our instructions from the Word, and our foundation is built upon our secure relationship with Christ the Savior. We can never run through this race of life without Him and expect to finish well.

And you may have thought playing with a racetrack wasn't educational. ;O)



Also see:
My Recipes
My Homeschool Posts
My Homestead Posts

The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



4 kind words:

Serendipitymom12 January 5, 2009 at 8:02 PM  

Thats wonderful! I need to seek the holy spirit in his guidance on how I can instruct my children through many random things in our lives!

Martha January 5, 2009 at 11:33 PM  

Now that's talent!! I love the comparison, very clever lol. I'm not surprised your children turned into such respectful ladies (and gentleman) kudos to you!

Serendipitymom12 January 5, 2009 at 11:39 PM  

and psst..psst.. you won something on my blog! You're famous now! ;)

His Handmaiden Laura January 14, 2009 at 8:53 PM  

I love finding lessons like that in everyday things. That is one of the reasons why I always loved Roses for Mama by Janette Oke, the main characters mother had a lot of wonderful ideas like that.

Blessings,
Laura

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP