All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Friday, February 6, 2009

Above All That Ye Ask

VickiVicki's story deeply touches my heart! There was a time when I was alone and didn't know how I'd pay the bills that we had. God always provided. We didn't live in luxury by any means, but we had food, shelter, and a supportive church family. I was without a car for a long time, but I was able to use the city bus and gain rides from other families. Buckling in two car seats into another person's car was certainly a hassle, but God provided transportation none the less. While I didn't have a car I also didn't have to worry about insurance or gasoline.

Wonderful compassionate people gave unto us and I felt I did not deserve it at all. God was showing His faithfulness to me through the giving of other people. Would you prayerfully consider allowing God to use you to help Miss Vicki and her girls? Can you consider helping Vicki with just a few dollars each month?

Here is what I am praying for Miss Vicki.
rent
electric
gas bill
glasses for the girls (I know the cost of these and have faced this myself for Gina. Let alone two pair.)
a car
clothing/shoes

a home of their own
computer
printer
homeschool supplies

These are just the bare necessities for her right now, but knowing that I have been in her shoes before, I know there is more that she needs. If you can't budget a few dollars a month to help Vicki, can you please commit to praying for her needs?

Matthew 21:22, "And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive."

Deuteronomy 7: 6-9, " 6For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

8But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

9Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;"

V11-18, "Thou shalt therefore keep the commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments, which I command thee this day, to do them.

12Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the LORD thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he sware unto thy fathers:

13And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

14Thou shalt be blessed above all people: there shall not be male or female barren among you, or among your cattle.

15And the LORD will take away from thee all sickness, and will put none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which thou knowest, upon thee; but will lay them upon all them that hate thee.

16And thou shalt consume all the people which the LORD thy God shall deliver thee; thine eye shall have no pity upon them: neither shalt thou serve their gods; for that will be a snare unto thee.

17If thou shalt say in thine heart, These nations are more than I; how can I dispossess them?

18Thou shalt not be afraid of them: but shalt well remember what the LORD thy God did unto Pharaoh, and unto all Egypt;"

God will provide Vicki. Know that!

"Dear God,

Oh Heavenly Father, you know that I love you. Thank you for being a wonderful God to me all my life. You have always provided for me. There were times that I didn't know how you would bring the needs to me, but you did. You have proved yourself to be faithful to your children. As Vicki is seeking Your will for her life and seeking to obey you, please bless her as you did for your children in the above verses. I do not ask for luxuries for selfish gain, but I am asking for above her needs. God I am asking you for above all that we think or imagine. I know you own the cattle on a thousand hills and can give what Vicki needs. I know you can give her more. Use Vicki's testimony for your glory. That others may see her faith and know that you are still on your throne. You are a magnificent God and I thank you for all that you are about to do in her life. In Jesus' Name, Amen."



Also see:
My Recipes
My Homeschool Posts
My Homestead Posts

The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



2 kind words:

Serendipitymom12 February 6, 2009 at 2:09 PM  

That is a very thoughtful post. I will pray for Miss Vicki and her daughters, as well as the other two on GTH. God shows himself so mighty when we need him the most. This is his opportunity to be glorified. God is so good!

Vicki February 6, 2009 at 9:54 PM  

Aww, you made me cry with this post! Nice tears though. Thank you for all of your prayers, your kind words, support, and time that you put into helping others!

Thank you seems kind of inadequate, but thank you just the same.

Blessings!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP