All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Let Your Voice be Heard

This came to me in an email. We must let our voice be heard, and we can do so in this innovative way.

Dear Friends and Intercessors:

This afternoon I was praying about a number of things, and my mind began
to wander. I was deeply distressed at the symbolic actions that

President Obama took as he began his presidency. Namely, that he signed executive orders releasing funds to pay for abortions, permission to fund human stem cell research, and federal funding for contraception. I have been involved in the pro-life movement for nearly 20 years, and it pained my heart to see a man and a political party committed to the shedding of innocent blood. This man, and this party lead our country, but they do not represent me or the 54% of Americans who believe that abortion is wrong and should no longer be legal.

As I was praying, I believe that God gave me an interesting idea. Out in the garage I have a box of red envelopes. Like the powerful image of the red LIFE tape, an empty red envelope will send a message to Barack Obama that there is moral outrage in this country over this issue. It will be
quiet, but clear.

Here is what I would like you to do:

Get a red envelope. You can buy them at Kinkos, or at party supply stores.
On the front, address it to:

President Barack Obama

The White House

1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

Washington , D.C.

On the back, write the following message.

"This envelope represents one child who died in abortion.

It is empty because that life was unable to offer anything to the
world. Responsibility begins with conception."

Put it in the mail, and send it. Then forward this email to every one of your friends who you think would send one too. I wish we could send 50 million red envelopes, one for every child who died before having a chance to live. Maybe it will change the heart of the president.

--
Jill Richards
wife to a wonderful husband
mommy to 5 precious blessings

"For those of us who embrace the cross of Christ, the cost to participate in the mission of God is nothing less than everything we are and everything we have."
-Erwin McManus




Also see:
My Recipes
My Homeschool Posts
My Homestead Posts

The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



1 kind words:

Serendipitymom12 February 8, 2009 at 10:28 AM  

I should find some red envelopes soon! I will also share your post with FB to get more active and involved!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP