All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Why Jesus?

Our brother in Christ, Joe, asked a good question. 'Why do you serve Jesus Christ?' From his blog:

"Have you ever thought much about why you follow Jesus Christ, the Son of the Most High God? Does your answer hold any water? What if your witnessing to somebody and they ask you why you believe in Jesus Christ and not Buddha or Muhammad? I’m challenging you to think about it, write it down, back it up with scripture, and share it."
So why did I choose Jesus Christ and why do I serve Him? First of all He chose me. When I first heard the message that Jesus died for me I knew it was true, but didn't pay much attention to it. I heard it a few times before it really hit me that it was true for me specifically. Jesus died on the cross for me. I knew and believed he died for the 'whole world', but didn't realize it was for me personally until January 24th, 1995.

I knew in the depth of my heart and soul that it was true. Jesus willingly died for MY sin so that I can have forgiveness and so that I could go to heaven. Jesus took me knowing I am a sinner, and I took Him by faith. My faith in him built each time he showed how he was providing for me and answering my prayers. I have seen miracles happening in my life and in my heart and I know it wasn't on my own that those things happened.

He has drastically changed my life from 'rags to riches' in unbelievable ways. I serve Him because I want to be used by God to help other lives be changed as well. God redeemed my broken marriage and now uses my husband and I to help other failing marriages to find the same miracle working redemption through Christ for their marriages and families. I happily serve Christ and am honored to be used by him to inspire others to trust Him more.

Proverbs 25:4, "Take away the dross from the silver and there shall come forth a vessel for the finer."

He takes away the dross from my life so that I can be a vessel for him.

Psalm 40:1-3, "1I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.

2He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

3And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD."

This is exactly what he has done in my life.


Also see:
My Recipes
My Homeschool Posts
My Homestead Posts

The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



2 kind words:

Martha February 4, 2009 at 10:21 AM  

What a beautiful post and I have never asked myself that question before... I just assumed people knew why I serve God. Sometimes it's hard to explain, it's almost like being asked "why do you breathe air?"

You must... you were born to breathe air. Just like we were born to worship God and have Him within us. Life is empty and worthless without Him.

Great post Lisa!!

Serendipitymom12 February 5, 2009 at 9:51 AM  

Ohh I love that last verse you listed!! Why serve Jesus? There's no sweeter savior we know!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP