All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dora The Tween Explorer!


The buzz of the new and 'improved' Dora is blazing it's way across the internet today. For years we have seen the little girl taking children on her virtual adventures on television, teaching them Spanish, and making her way into their little hearts! Honestly, although I have thought she was one of the cleanest shows for preschoolers, her clothing has always irritated me. I don't mean to be critical mind you, but her tummy shows and I always thought maybe she could use a new top.

Yet Mattel has decided to give her a new look, and she's growing up. I can understand some concerns that parents may have. If you've allowed your child to follow Dora then perhaps you would be concerned. Dora is entering middle school and we just don't know what life experiences she is going to face and how they are going to lead her to the answers she is looking for. We know that the entertainment industry has failed us time and time again in providing firm family values in tween programming.

Ultimately it's up to you what you decide to let your children watch. We don't allow our children to become consumed by a cartoon character for whatever you allow your child to give their hearts to will someday become a battle when it's time to eliminate that influence. Be wise and teach your children how to make decisions for themselves. A wise child will tell YOU that what they are seeing is wrong. :O)



Also see:
My Recipes
My Homeschool Posts
My Homestead Posts

The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



2 kind words:

Miss Charlene March 17, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

Wow, I had no idea Dora 'grew up!' I certainly hope it doesn't take a turn for the worse. It's easy for children to follow a hero on television and have an obsession, so we definitely have to be on guard as parents. A wise child brings a parent such great JOY!

Martha March 17, 2009 at 3:16 PM  

You know what, I've always wondered why Dora's head was so BIG! :o) Even Diego's head was half the size of her head, what's up with that?!?

I can't believe she will be growing up now, how bizarre. Cody is 3 and I don't think he will be interested in an older Dora. He is already switching from Dora to Diego and I think it's because he relates to more boyish things now.

I wonder what channel it will be on and if Boots will still be her pet. Oh well... I find myself sticking to On Demand nowadays for clean children shows because I don't trust new shows and their commercials.

Thank you for keeping us informed on this show!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP