All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Easter

Has anyone ever really read about the origins of Easter? This year we have spent a lot of time researching and studying the origins of many different things. We have studied the history of the Church, American History from a Christian perspective, The Bible, and many other things.

Last month we studied about the Masons and who they REALLY are, we have also studied about Halloween and Christmas, now we are approaching Easter. A good Bible teacher has told us that we should know what we believe and why we believe it. So what do we believe as far as Easter in Concerned?

If you look it up on the internet you will find MANY websites that explain it. No matter how many websites I have read about it, there is no way we can justify celebrating any part of Easter and know 100% that we are in the right with the Lord Jesus about it.

I found this website to be easy to read and well organized:
http://www.remnantofgod.org/easter.htm

When you study the early years of the Church and how the Catholic Church has tried to create their own state religion to bring the people back under government rule, we see how the early Christians were persecuted over their decisions to follow the Bible as their Authority and not the government or the Catholic Church. The Catholic Church has taken paganism into their traditions and church practices in their attempt to draw the crowd back into the church and their government.

When the Geneva Bible was printed, even King James himself was not happy with the commentaries that were added to the side bars. You see back in their days the King was the sole authority and kings wanted to keep it that way. It sure makes you wonder what exactly was in their side bar commentaries. You can get an updated copy of the Geneva Bible here.

So King James decided that his people would print the Bible that was 'authorized to be read in churches' without the commentaries. I admit that I do prefer to read the Bible on it's own and I have no issues with the King James Bible. It is the Bible that I use. Yet as humans God has given us the freedom to choose for ourselves what we want to believe. I am not opposed to reading commentaries, as a matter of fact I am intrigued by them. I enjoy exploring what other Christians believe in certain areas, as long as the doctrine stays the same.

I believe with all my heart that the church should be the example of Christianity in a community and should be a place where Christians can come together to worship the Lord and help reach others with the gospel. Each pastor of each church feels that God is leading them to keep their church in a specific direction. Those pastors will face God one day as to how he carried out the Great Commission in the church God placed them in.

Some pastors believe in focusing on reaching the homeless, while others have a strong emphasis on reaching the people in nursing homes, jails, or public schools. All of these areas are good Christ honoring ministries. However God has led that pastor in that church is between him and the Lord.

Some pastors feel the need to adopt Catholic and Pagan traditions into their churches and this just boggles my mind. For many years I have seen these practices in many churches. Through the ministry we are involved with we have outreaches in different churches throughout our county to present our ministry to their churches. We have seen different pastors and their churches participate in a variety of pagan holidays. A few years ago we decided to find out exactly what the big deal was about Halloween. Each year that we have seen Christmas come and go we have discarded some of our old traditions that were passed down to us through the generations of our families.

Knowing what we now know about the Catholic Church and their adoption of pagan traditions and practices I am questioning WHY on earth Christians pastors have done the same thing? If it was such a big deal to our early Christian forefathers to have NOTHING to do with paganism and the Catholic Church then why are we not still taking the same stand about it? Why have we come to allow those same practices into our churches and into our homes?

Has your family decided to abstain from such holidays? How have you made changes? I am perplexed about the Easter Egg and it's origin is completely against God and yet so many Christians have allowed the enemy to infiltrate our homes and churches with the very lies that our early brothers and sisters in Christ died to keep OUT of their lives.

I feel as though I have been lied to all of my life. How can someone justify something that is spoken against by God himself throughout His Word? I have always participated in such holidays all of my life. I am not speaking out against others as if I am holier than thou. I am in the very same boat, yet at the place in my life where I am questioning it. Yet as I speak up about my questions I will no doubt be met with a defensive spirit and demeaned for questioning it. Yet I have every right to ask. Where are you in this boat? Are you leading the ship into this lifestyle, rowing the boat to keep it going, or looking for the life preserver so you can jump before the ship sinks?



Also see:
My Recipes
My Homeschool Posts
My Homestead Posts

The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



4 kind words:

Martha March 28, 2009 at 11:38 PM  

Wow, what a well written post!! I agree with you and I am saddened by most of the churches I used to visit as a child. I remember the cake walk and costumes inside the church building during Halloween night. When I researched about Halloween in Wikipedia, I was baffled! Why on earth did these churches allow such an evil celebration within its walls? :(

Now I am learning more about other Holidays such as Christmas, it is a tough issue but I pray to God to guide my family through this.

You never fail to post an entry that makes me stop and ponder :)

Miss Charlene March 29, 2009 at 8:16 AM  

I want to do a deep research about Easter and will check out that link you posted. We are to be separate from the world, and definitely separated from Catholicism and Paganism. There was a blood drenched line that Christians drew a long time ago, and now that line is faded, blurred and almost gone. I long for that line again and say this is where I stand, and where I won't stand! Let us draw them in our own homes even if we can't get that in our own churches!

Angelique March 29, 2009 at 9:53 AM  

I no longer associate these days (Christmas, Easter) with Christianity. There was nothing biblically or in the new church to my knowledge that we are to make up and then celebrate his birthday. His resurrection is different but the whole egg and rabbit thing has nothing to do with that. I struggle though because with a non believing husband, daughter and family who cling to traditions it is hard to let go.There are aspects of the holiday that I enjoy though - the lights, scents and baking for example so I am trying to shift to something I can feel comfortable with.

I am interested in some of the Jewish Holy days and am thinking of trying to build interest in those with my family, as well as observing the original sabbath

Sisterlisa March 29, 2009 at 1:17 PM  

Angelique, Robin Sampson has a book about the Biblical Holidays and observances. You can find it here.
http://biblicalholidays.com/

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP