All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Guns in Church

Church members, security, and ushers are being encouraged to pack guns in their suits jackets in America now. Members are being prepped for effective communication in case of a crisis. Some are being considered permitted to carry a concealed weapon at church whole others are not.

Have you ever been to a church where the security/usher detail has been strategically placed throughout the ministry campus, dressed in suits and wired ear pieces? Does your pastor have two to three of them follow him around the church campus to guard him? What has our nation come to that God's people have to pack a gun in the house of God?

Are your ushers briefed on profiling visitors coming into your church and asking to search their backpacks? What are they going to do next, check the women's purses too?

How do you feel about this? What if there is friendly fire in the midst of the congregation and an innocent person gets hit by the church's security detail? How do you feel about your husband being a church security guard with a weapon in his jacket? Would you feel comfortable with your husband sacrificing his life for your pastor's life? Do you think your church would provide for you and your family for the rest of your life if he lost his life to save the Pastor's?

Quite a controversial topic on the net lately. What are your thoughts?



Also see:
My Recipes
My Homeschool Posts
My Homestead Posts

The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



4 kind words:

dianne - bunny trails April 26, 2009 at 7:39 PM  

Controversial, indeed. There are reasons, other than the pastor's message, for which shooters or violent people will enter a church.

I don't know if the security people at our church carry guns, or not. I don't think I would have a problem with it if they were properly trained.

For me personally, I know the leaders at our church well enough to know that they diligently pray and seek the Lord in any decisions they make regarding our church. I trust that God will lead them and that they will obey. I know they're not perfect and that they can make mistakes. I have no illusions about that. But that's also why there's more than one person making decisions.

I would much prefer that this question not even have to be asked. Sadly, incidents like the New Life shootings and others happen. Not that it means we shouldn't trust God with our lives. But it's also a reality of the world in which we live.

Sisterlisa June 11, 2009 at 10:32 AM  

I wonder if the church leadership really trusts in God? Why put trust in man to protect? God's Word is full of verses that promise protection for those who are fully following him. If it is to happen it will happen no matter how many guards are with him.

Anonymous,  December 24, 2010 at 3:55 PM  

awesome blog, do you have twitter or facebook? i will bookmark this page thanks. peace maria

Anonymous,  December 26, 2010 at 10:13 AM  

I really like your blog and i really appreciate the excellent quality content you are posting here for free for your online readers. thanks peace klara.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP