All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Shroud is NOT Jesus

News agencies are reporting all over the world that they believe the Shroud, presented by the Catholic Church, is indeed the face of Jesus, yet I can prove otherwise through God's very own word.

First of all Paul said in 1 Corinthians 11:14, "Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?" So why would Jesus have long hair? Some say because he was from Nazarene, yet if you read your Bible you'll find that he was not originally from Nazarene nor does the Bible ever indicate that he took the Nazarite vow like Samson did.

Next we look at the description of the beating, scourging, and crucifixion of Jesus Christ our Lord.

Isaiah 50: 6-7, "6I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting. 7For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed. " 52:14 declares the cruel crucifixion "As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men: "

His beard was plucked of his face and his face was so marred that no other man was ever seen in this bad of shape. They beat him with their hands. To buffet someone means to hit repeatedly.

Matthew 26:67, "67Then did they spit in his face, and buffeted him; and others smote him with the palms of their hands, "

Have you seen what the crown of thorns looks like? Imagine what kind of damage that crown did to his forehead when they plated it down upon his head and hit him in the head with a reed.

John 19:2, " 2And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and they put on him a purple robe," Mark 15:19, "And they smote him on the head with a reed, and did spit upon him, and bowing their knees worshipped him."

I would imagine he looked worse than any professional boxer has ever looked. So with a bloody face and gashes and swelling would he look anything like that image on the shroud? I think not!

The Catholic Church should try reading their Bible. And on a side note: the rumor of the full body shroud? Tis not Jesus either. That full body shroud shows bony skeletal fingers. Hardly the fingers of a carpenter who was only in the grave for 3 days. Jesus is the Son of God, do you think that when he conquered death that he would look defeated? Our Lord is the Victor!




Also see:
My Recipes
My Homeschool Posts
My Homestead Posts

The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



4 kind words:

Miss Charlene April 9, 2009 at 2:01 PM  

I've seen the image of the shroud before, and it doesn't even look like a real person's face. It only looks like the paintings, which also don't even look like the real Jesus at all. Good article!

Martha April 11, 2009 at 3:15 PM  

I agree with you, I flinch when I see people worship 'images' of Jesus :o) we should be worshiping Him, not things that look like Him :| good post!

cgivans April 14, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

LOVE the post! Great job on referencing scripture to prove your point! I don't keep up much on the goings on around the world, we really don't ever watch tv, and what we do find out, we hear on Christian radio, or on yahoo when I am checking my email. I wasn't even aware of this whole thing with the shroud, although I thought I heard something about a couple of years ago. I was irritated at the documentary film that was made stating that they had found Jesus' tomb, and that he had a family, and a bunch of other crazy statements! I can't remember what the movie was called but it came out last year I think. I get so defensive when people make a claim about Jesus that is just insane.

dianne - bunny trails April 26, 2009 at 7:43 PM  

Excellent post, Lisa. I appreciate the scriptural support. The Lord never wanted us to be focused upon an image (idolatry, anyone?).

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP