All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Islam and the Torah

I read something VERY alarming and felt I must share it with my friends.

There are people who think that the 'modern translations' of the Bible have been 'westernized'. These people are saying that the Bibles we have today are corrupted from the original writings of the Old Testament, specifically called the 'Torah' by some people. This has become very alarming to me since I found this quote from an author who writes about Islam:


Esposito, John L. What Everyone Needs to Know about Islam (New York: Oxford University Press, 2002), pp 7-8

Says, " In Islam, the Torah (along with the Christian Gospels) or Tawrat is seen as an authentic revelation from God corrupted with the additions and alterations of men.[12]"


I think it is very important that we all understand the enemy is going to attempt to infiltrate all of us with lies and those lies will be subtle, just as he is. We must be united in the faith of Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 4:16 tells us to be fitly framed together. We must be unified in the Word, through the Word Himself, Jesus Christ.

PLEASE be cautious of ANYONE telling you that the original Torah is corrupted by men. There are TWO views of the Torah. One is the direct understanding of the Law in the OT. The other is the one the Jews hold fast to the Torah Talmud. The word Torah is a Hebrew word from the OT scriptures. It is not the entire Word of God, just the Laws that Moses gave. Which were temporary until Christ came.

I read a fascinating study and easy to understand article about the Law given by Moses.
http://www.lamblion.com/articles/articles_jewishlife2.php

Please understand that I am not against anyone in particular as a person, but we must warn others of dangers that could hurt the Body of Christ. I am not saying anything negative about the heritage of our Hebrew brethren, I am in fact fascinated with their lives and culture. But sadly after they spent 400 years in captivity with the Egyptians, many of them took some of their pagan ways with them. A perfect example is when they built the golden calf at Mt. Sinai.

If you are studying the Jewish ways, please be careful and use discernment. Trust the guiding of the Holy Spirit.




Also see:
My Recipes
My Homeschool Posts
My Homestead Posts
The HomeSpun Life



2 kind words:

Miss Charlene June 23, 2009 at 4:45 PM  

I love reading the new things you guys discover! God is giving you truth, and that's awesome!

Sisterlisa June 23, 2009 at 7:46 PM  

Someone asked me to say who I am talking about. Apparently there are thousands of people who believe this way (Torah and Islam) so it's not a matter of who, but why. When you look at the truth, then that is all that matters. Be careful of getting involved in any other gospel, but the pure Gospel of Christ.

Gal 1:8 "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed."

There are also people who try to mix the Gospel with religious rituals too. Such as Catholicism, Mormonism, and Masonry. Which I may write about as well. But that won't mean I'm writing about ONE person, but rather the SYSTEM of their religion.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP