All photos on my blog are under copyright protection by either me or my friends at
Pix-O-Sphere.
Please do not take them from my blog. If you'd like to connect with me over there, then you will have access to my album. Thank you kindly.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Why Didn't the Other Birds Help Him?

This last week has brought many questions to my mind and many blessings as well. My husband preached at a local fellowship. We were up together the night before studying the Word so I knew what his message was going to be about. He preached from Isaiah 61:3, "To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified."

Just before he stood to preach, a man of their fellowship shared a scripture passage during the worship time, he shared Psalm 104 and in that chapter I saw verse 16, "The trees of the LORD are full of sap; the cedars of Lebanon, which he hath planted; "

I knew the Lord had begun speaking to me about the trees. After the hour we came back home for lunch and a friend joined us for an afternoon Bible study. This friend of ours is a horticulturalist so I asked him about the sap of the tree. He explained that the sap is like the tree's life force. If a tree is injured, cut, broken, etc. it focuses it's sap to that area to fill the gap so the bugs can't get in and cause disease in the tree. I began to see how God was beginning to open my eyes to understand how sap to a tree is like the relationships between Believers.

The next day I was at an appointment and there was a television playing a nature video. In this video we saw many crabs on the shore of a beach. There were birds flying around and one bird was seen injured. It's wing was dragging on the ground. The crabs noticed this injured bird, stumbling on the beach. The crabs began to chase the bird. I cringed as I saw these crabs scurrying across the beach to get their dinner and I saw the bird trying with all it's might to get to the water to escape by swimming away. The bird did not make it and the crabs overtook him.

As I was telling my husband about this video segment my 6 year old son piped up with a question, "Why didn't the other birds help him get away?" I cried. I now think back to the sap in the tree. The sap is just one part of that tree. The tree has branches, leaves, roots, bark, and water within it's body. Upon a tree are various forms of life that find their life and rest somewhere on the tree. But if the sap doesn't do it's job, that tree is destined for death by the elements of this world. If that happens the leaves will one day shrivel up and wither away, the bugs will overtake the injured tree and the lives on that tree will have to flee or die with it.

Rather than give you my personal conclusion to this experience, I would like to ask you what the Holy Spirit is showing you through this. Please reply below.



Also see:
My Recipes
My Homeschool Posts
My Homestead Posts

The HomeSpun Life

↑ Grab this Headline Animator



3 kind words:

Miss Charlene June 17, 2009 at 2:50 PM  

Aww, beautiful post! So bittersweet. Speaks volumes too about our spiritual lives.

Sisterlisa June 17, 2009 at 4:44 PM  

What did the Holy Spirit say to you when you read this?

Clara Van Nattan June 17, 2009 at 9:47 PM  

It's like the Body of Christ... when one of our sisters or brothers in the Lord is broken or hurting, if they are sick or injured, the Lord fills the gap one way or another by providing someone to fill in for that person, if we are living prayerfully for His will to be done in our lives and in our fellowship - or at least that is how it should be. Sadly many of our fellow believers are often too busy or too proud to stoop or stop and help in the way the Lord wants them to... :( When we live by faith, God sends healing sap to help us from the inside out, too. It makes me think of the verses that talk about Him being the vine and us being the branches - the vine holds the life of the plant, and sends life and healing into the branches. I love the mental pictures produced from this post - thanks for sharing! :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP